• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not being complacent with losing…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

If CAG can get the best recruiting class in the G5 this year, that will be major. He's on pace for that this year. Win the conference next year and I would like to see him land some 4 stars for 2025 and out recruit FSU and UF on a few guys to build upon the momentum and set the stage for a natty run in a few years. It's time to be who we say we are and if we eventually want to be a national championship contender, you need to start winning recruitment battles with the big boys in state. That's where it starts. 

Hell yeah!  USF is finally coming off that mat and getting there..

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

If CAG can get the best recruiting class in the G5 this year, that will be major. He's on pace for that this year. Win the conference next year and I would like to see him land some 4 stars for 2025 and out recruit FSU and UF on a few guys to build upon the momentum and set the stage for a natty run in a few years. It's time to be who we say we are and if we eventually want to be a national championship contender, you need to start winning recruitment battles with the big boys in state. That's where it starts. 

Probably getting ahead of ourselves a little there.   Need to win the recruitment battle and a championship in the aac first

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

14 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Probably getting ahead of ourselves a little there.   Need to win the recruitment battle and a championship in the aac first

Yeah. Also need to beat Temple next weekend to set the table for the final two games at 5-5. Season will get very interesting with a win at home against Temple! 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah. Also need to beat Temple next weekend to set the table for the final two games at 5-5. Season will get very interesting with a win at home against Temple! 

Temple is definitely a game we should/must win to really see that improvement ... at this point anyway

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly! USF showed much improvement in another shootout game yesterday. The first shootout out type games didn’t go so well against WKU, UAB, & FAU. I expect we will probably see one more shootout game this season which should be against UTSA. Think USF should be able to handle both Temple & Charlotte. 

Does Temple or Charlotte have a qb that can throw? Even if they’re average they’ll have an advantage.

Temple has Kurt Warner’s kid. He has a couple of 400+ yard games. One of those was against UTSA.

Edited by BDYZR

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

If he wins the conference next year i would be shocked. I hope so but I'm thinking 2025 or later but crazier things have happened. We should be at least competing or top three every year.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

I was waiting on the "we almost won" crowd. Glad to know you losers are all around and doing well. Glad to know you're still fundamentally okay with losing and that "good" losses will always have a home at USF. For real, you guys are the worst of the worst. Every single one of you that are complacent with losing. The author of this post says "Not being complacent with losing.." then he proceeds to BE COMPLACENT WITH losing. You guys are disgusting.

Edited by sloan1919
  • Downvote 1
  • Crying 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,412
  • Days Won:  25

If we beat Temple how long of an extension does Golesh get ? AD MK has set the precedent that beating Temple is extension worthy.

1 hour ago, sloan1919 said:

I was waiting on the "we almost won" crowd. Glad to know you losers are all around and doing well. Glad to know you're still fundamentally okay with losing and that "good" losses will always have a home at USF. For real, you guys are the worst of the worst. Every single one of you that are complacent with losing. The author of this post says "Not being complacent with losing.." then he proceeds to BE COMPLACENT WITH losing. You guys are disgusting.

There no moral vicorties. You win or lose on the scoreboard period.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

On 11/4/2023 at 8:45 PM, Cat941 said:

I'm weary of losing.  Wish we had more luck.  And an easy win for once.  Is that too much to ask for?  I see our peers doing it.  

Winning isn't easy. Unless you've ever been part of a team you just don't know how much it takes to win. 

Our peers are not winning easily. What they have is the build-up of months and years of hard work and effort. We have that too, but this roster isn't going to be transformed in one off-season. 

The week of the Bama game, I guarantee you Nick Saban was telling his team not to take us lightly. He probably pushed them to prepare as hard as they could and to take us as seriously as possible. The fact of the matter is that we delivered surprise after surprise that they weren't expecting and they ended up having to out-talent us down the stretch. 

I bet you Memphis is breathing a sigh of relief right now. Their fans were probably pooping themselves when Henigan got injured in the fourth quarter in a 3-point game and every time we got a defensive stop. They were probably losing their minds when we went on a 21-3 run in the second and third quarters. 

Likewise, I'm sure CAG told his team not to take UAB and FAU lightly, but he's got places to improve on his own process. I've seen growth from him as a coach throughout the season, but the bigger growth for him is going to come when he starts looking over this team in the offseason and examining himself too. He's got to ask himself:

What am I teaching these kids that helps them win games, be strong academically, and enables good habits and character both in the locker room and on the field?

How do I improve my game plan and execute a strategy to get to a position where my team is going to win the game against any opponent?

How am I addressing the team's issues both on and off the field as a head coach?

What handicaps am I facing that I need to adapt to or overcome? 

I have no doubt that he has a clear vision, strategy, and plan to make USF football excellent. He is extremely ambitious and sees a future national powerhouse here. If he didn't, he wouldn't be here, and moreover, he wouldn't be putting in 16-18 hour days to make that happen. 

I thought we had the capacity to make a bowl before the season, and I may have overestimated the team then, but it's not an overestimate now. We can beat Temple, we can beat Charlotte, and frankly, I see no reason we can't beat UTSA either so let's go and win. 

Temple will be hard, especially with a great young QB like EJ Warner, but guess what?

We have a great young QB in Byrum Brown

We have an improving running game

Our OL has continued to make strides throughout the year. 

Our defense is still getting pressure and got close to INTs a number of times on Hennigan, plus we regularly forced them into third and long. We have to make those bounces go our way more often and finish defensive drives with stops on third down or turnovers.  

So see you on Saturday and let's root our Bulls to a win!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,585
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, sloan1919 said:

I was waiting on the "demand excellence" crowd. Glad to know you're apparently representing and doing well ....