• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not being complacent with losing…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,458
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Offensively Charlotte has been verry poor. If we dont beat Temple and Charlotte we will have underachieved and it will be disappointing.

I think we will win both. Need to finish the season on a strong note

I beg to differ. Many predicted USF would win and 2 to 4 games heading into this season. USF didn’t get blown out by Bama or Memphis. Hopefully USF wins two more but if not all is not lost moving forward.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,587
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I beg to differ. Many predicted USF would win and 2 to 4 games heading into this season. USF didn’t get blown out by Bama or Memphis. Hopefully USF wins two more but if not all is not lost moving forward.

I agree with the first part, but if the team shouldn't piss away a golden opportunity to go bowling for the first time in five seasons, If you want to show significant progress, get USF back to a bowl game. I only expected 5 wins myself, but now all we have to do is beat 2/3 teams to go bowling. Don't USF this, Coach Golesh and  players . Time to get to work and outwork these teams for a win, starting with Temple.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree with the first part, but if the team shouldn't piss away a golden opportunity to go bowling for the first time in five seasons, If you want to show significant progress, get USF back to a bowl game. I only expected 5 wins myself, but now all we have to do is beat 2/3 teams to go bowling. Don't USF this, Coach Golesh and  players . Time to get to work and outwork these teams for a win, starting with Temple.

I agree that now our expectations actually has gone up during this season so that is a good thing. I agree with Belgium Bull when we look at it that way. If USF finds a way to lose to Temple at home then I believe that is a set back. Even CJS was able to beat Temple at so there are no excuses for losing this weekends. None!

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

59-50

Smartass.  Let me put it this way. We shouldn't be involved in shootouts. We should be involved in beatdowns. Waiting not so patiently for those days.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,678
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Smartass.  Let me put it this way. We shouldn't be involved in shootouts. We should be involved in beatdowns. Waiting not so patiently for those days.

I have another smart ass remark in response to that but I don't want to be called another name. :shade:

Right now I'm good with shootouts because it means we're in the game. Beatdowns may or may not come ..... I just want wins.

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

Just now, Triple B said:

I have another smart ass remark in response to that but I don't want to be called another name. :shade:

Right now I'm good with shootouts because it means we're in the game. Beatdowns may or may not come ..... I just want wins.

I was going to reword that to indicate that USF should be beating down other teams but figured I leave it up on a tee for you.  

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Even CJS was able to beat Temple at so there are no excuses for losing this weekends. None!

There may be some reasons why we should beat Temple this week but that isn't one of them. CJS didn't play Warner and he hung 54 on us last year. CAG mentioned it in his presser yesterday, one of the biggest things having to deal with this year is inconsistency ..... and that means no gimmes.

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I was going to reword that to indicate that USF should be beating down other teams but figured I leave it up on a tee for you.  

I almost just let it slide by completely but didn't want to disappoint ...

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There may be some reasons why we should beat Temple this week but that isn't one of them. CJS didn't play Warner and he hung 54 on us last year. CAG mentioned it in his presser yesterday, one of the biggest things having to deal with this year is inconsistency ..... and that means no gimmes.

You see that is why I do believe USF will have to eventually grow out of it. Maybe this weekend maybe next season. At some point USF will need to bring back the winning mentality that was under the Leavitt & CWT later years. Basically they can’t continue to go into games thinking they can win. They have to go into games knowing they will win. There is a difference. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

You see that is why I do believe USF will have to eventually grow out of it. Maybe this weekend maybe next season. At some point USF will need to bring back the winning mentality that was under the Leavitt & CWT later years. Basically they can’t continue to go into games thinking they can win. They have to go into games knowing they will win. There is a difference. 

That's why in the presser when Golesh said that there are still guys that don't give 100% all the time and, if I understood him, they won't be back next year.

• Upvote 1