• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Todd Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Sorry but the whole we have no talent on defense is a non starter for me. You think UAB or FAU are loaded with defensive talent…of course not. We are getting smoked by lousy AAC schools.

Offense stalling out kind of helped them look good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

We addressed DT some.. but we have not much talent at DE. It's gotta be priority one for defense...we barely ever get pressure on other qb unless we blitz and even then it's not even great. 

Defense in whole seriously lacks talent.

We could have Saban and this group still let up 50

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Defense actually kept USF in the game. USF will eventually learn how to win shootout games. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t think it’s 100% coaching. The defensive front seven is more talented than last year as evidenced by more tackles for losses and more sacks & pressure. The problem is they really need to upgrade the talent level in the secondary.

Players are running free in the secondary almost every play. I don’t remember the last time I saw tight coverage on a receiver.

any team with a decent quarterback will give USF Trouble 

Edited by MaBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Where does Chuck-E-Chesse Bresnahan fit into this?

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

We don’t need ANOTHER DC, we need better talent, especially in the secondary. Memphis knew it. That’s why they came out throwing and never stopped. There were downs when we only rushed three and guys were still running wide open. From Matt Hill and Christian Williams to the bunch we have now, not one of them has been capable in man coverage. Even when we get pressure, it doesn’t matter because someone is running so wide open it’s a completion. Think of all the playmakers we used to have in the secondary - Anthony Henry, J.R. Reed, Mike Jenkins, Trae Williams, Nate Allen, Kayvon Webster, Jerome Murphy, Mistral Raymond, Carlton Williams, Deatrick Nichols etc. We haven’t had one of that type in years.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

15 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We don’t need ANOTHER DC, we need better talent, especially in the secondary. Memphis knew it. That’s why they came out throwing and never stopped. There were downs when we only rushed three and guys were still running wide open. From Matt Hill and Christian Williams to the bunch we have now, not one of them has been capable in man coverage. Even when we get pressure, it doesn’t matter because someone is running so wide open it’s a completion. Think of all the playmakers we used to have in the secondary - Anthony Henry, J.R. Reed, Mike Jenkins, Trae Williams, Nate Allen, Kayvon Webster, Jerome Murphy, Mistral Raymond, Carlton Williams, Deatrick Nichols etc. We haven’t had one of that type in years.

I miss watching Mike Jenkins and Trae Williams. Ben Moffitt too!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Coach needs to put the majority of his recruiting efforts into defense. Our DE and secondary need major upgrading. How’s the recruiting for D looking for next year?