• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I never want to hear again what great connections MK has

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

it's actually 1 of 14 teams

no, its not. Just because a program made it more than once, each year that program has a different team. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

no, its not. Just because a program made it more than once, each year that program has a different team. 

yes 1 of 14 programs and that is what you are arguing.

You are comparing different programs and how it is more difficult for certain programs to make the playoffs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

yes 1 of 14 programs and that is what you are arguing.

You are comparing different programs and how it is more difficult for certain programs to make the playoffs.

No i was comparing how many times a non Power 5 team has made it in. In 36 chances it happened once.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

45 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

An even taller order considering that the first round will almost assuredly be a hostile road game and the extra games will place a greater emphasis on positional depth, one area that the G5s always trail behind the big boys. I do agree that all casual fans and fans without a rooting interest will be pulling for the underdog. 

Certainly a likely scenario.

The G5 would need their highest ranked conference champion to run the table and likely have a huge OOC win.

10 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

No i was comparing how many times a non Power 5 team has made it in. In 36 chances it happened once.

now list the 51 power conference teams that are 0-36

still think it will be easier for a top G5 team to make it than a bottom P5.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

37 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

You are absolutely correct. There is virtually no chance for the traditionally bottom-half teams from the P5 to sniff the semifinals. Look at a program like Minnesota. They aren't viewed as one of the worst teams out there, but they have no conference titles and only won their division once (division began in 2011) since 1968 and only finished ranked 4 times in that span. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

If Vandy put together a good season and won the conference, they’d be in.  Even if they lost in the conf championship game there’s a decent chance they get in.  If we have a good season and win the conference even if we go undefeated we likely don’t get in.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

If Vandy put together a good season and won the conference, they’d be in.  Even if they lost in the conf championship game there’s a decent chance they get in.  If we have a good season and win the conference even if we go undefeated we likely don’t get in.  

I so very much would like to test this theory. I'd rather be upset about winning the conference and getting snubbed on the back end, than be upset like I am right now (due to a 1-11 record in the AAC).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t understand the obsession with the ACC.  They aren't adding anyone until they get decimated and by that time the conference will be dead and not worth crap.  We are literally seeing it now with the PAC, this is exactly what’s going to happen in 10 years to the acc.  Most everyone is resigned to their fate in that conference except for FSU, and that’s mainly because they’re afraid they’re getting passed by ucf in that 10 years and there’s nothing they can do about it so they’re stomping around crying.   

6 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

sorry but if we win the conference we are most likely in if the setup stays the same.

Vandy has been in the SEC since 1932. They have never won their division let alone the conference.

Tulane has more SEC titles than Miss State, Kentucky, Arkansas, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas AM and Vandy COMBINED

Edited by Bull94