• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

15 worst college football teams of 2023

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Should be:  15 college football teams who suck until they don’t.  No news here.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

But we didn't have the coaching  or the players to seal a win against those 3.

We definitely had the players. It was the late game coaching that let a few of them get away. The good news is the staff that's responsible for that is gone! We're starting anew with Goach and Co. with the opportunity to do much better.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

On the plus side, however, we can hang out with our AAU homies, Stanford

So perhaps we can achieve that almost Ivy League status we have dreamed of for so long?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Golesh added 49 players to this team. This is not the same team from last year. The same probably goes for the other teams on the list. This is another lazy writer that did no type of research for this article. 

There are a lot of people that would say adding 49 new players is not a good thing.  Was it necessary? Sure, but that puts an awful lot on the coaches to get this team ready.  Our coaching staff doesn't exactly strike me as a dream team for the profession.  Our associate HC has one year of FBS coaching experience as a RB's coach.  We have to wait and see what happens, but my confidence in this group is pretty low right now.  Hopefully they have some fight in them. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, jg233 said:

There are a lot of people that would say adding 49 new players is not a good thing.  Was it necessary? Sure, but that puts an awful lot on the coaches to get this team ready.  Our coaching staff doesn't exactly strike me as a dream team for the profession.  Our associate HC has one year of FBS coaching experience as a RB's coach.  We have to wait and see what happens, but my confidence in this group is pretty low right now.  Hopefully they have some fight in them. 

When your team was 1-11 the year before, adding 49 players is necessary. 14 of those transfers are P5, and the rest are G6, Juco, D2, and FCS transfers. Also, I'm sure Golesh didn't pick 49 random players either. A majority of these transfers participated in Spring camp and the following off-season workouts. They are quite familiar with the players from last year. Glass half full my friend....glass half full. 

28 CAG New Transfer/CC player
23 CAG H.S recruit
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

When your team was 1-11 the year before, adding 49 players is necessary. 14 of those transfers are P5, and the rest are G6, Juco, D2, and FCS transfers. Also, I'm sure Golesh didn't pick 49 random players either. A majority of these transfers participated in Spring camp and the following off-season workouts. They are quite familiar with the players from last year. Glass half full my friend....glass half full. 

23 CAG H.S recruit

Yep.  I know there were some good players, but when you are 1-11, turnover is probably a good thing.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

12 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:
27 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

23 CAG H.S recruit
Expand  

Yep.  I know there were some good players, but when you are 1-11, turnover is probably a good thing.

Gotta start again somewhere.   Time to be a phoenix in Tampa.

200.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

45 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

It can't hurt and unlikely to perform worse.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

How some schools use this stuff:

IMG_0440.jpeg

• Like 1