• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FAMU Troubles

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

46 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Lack of control of the team, especially considering they used the team facilities for this.

People have have shot far worse things at the places they work and attend but the boss of their boss’ boss doesn’t receive a lot of flack from that. It’s not like this is a common and continuing problem he is supposed to be monitoring, people have access to buildings in off hours and you cannot stop them from doing something for the first time.

The measure of your leadership isn’t how you lock everyone out of their necessary access to doing what they need to do just so they don’t somehow embarrass you, it’s how you respond to it and his response seems fairly reasonable. They probably covered quite a few things that were expected but I doubt many concerned Mr Boston because until today no one has ever thought of him outside of his mother and so they can’t have a reasonable concern about preventing his videos.

Plies/CWT are probably kicking themselves that they didn’t think of it and I’m actually shocked to quite shocked there isn’t an Uncle Luke locker room video. I think the biggest source of embarrassment to everyone is that it sucked, if a bigger name had done it everyone would be praising the publicity of their art and claiming the idea as their own.

Edited by puc86

6 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I wasn't implying anything bad here or disqualify. Just wasn't sure without searching back in the threads. The way he handled it seems first class to me. Seems like a good coach that has some 18-22 year old knuckleheads on the team 🤷‍♂️. Crazy kids

Yep, kids are dumb. Kids are especially dumb when they think something is cool, will help them get laid or perhaps make them famous. Good luck to anyone trying to gate keep all of the amazing ways kids will find to try to embarrass you, the best you can do is hope they are discreet and don’t post three minute videos of it on YouTube so that you can get ahead of it and try some more failed remediation.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,347
  • Days Won:  5

But they are projected to beat us this year.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Didn't some want to hire this guyas our HC?

How does this make him a bad coach?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

How does this make him a bad coach?

3 hours ago, Sk00b said:

I wasn't implying anything bad here or disqualify. Just wasn't sure without searching back in the threads. The way he handled it seems first class to me. Seems like a good coach that has some 18-22 year old knuckleheads on the team 🤷‍♂️. Crazy kids

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Does suspending all football activities mean they could cancel the season?  Seems extreme?

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Does suspending all football activities mean they could cancel the season?  Seems extreme?

It means I think I need to do something to someone but I’m not sure what and not sure who. If I wait to do anything it will look like I’m just reacting to the winds but if I launch an investigation I look diligent and on top of things while I wait to see what the winds say. How much does the President care and how much do top donators tell the President that they care, that’s the missing information that needs to be filled in before the investigation works backwards from the punishment.

You know what you call a locker room with people wearing team branded equipment dropping profanity laced bars? A locker room. 

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,529
  • Days Won:  3

I think he did the right thing. I mean his other option was let it slide and try to address it behind the scenes. Problem is, if it leaked (and it most likely would) then he looks worse. So he got ahead of it and addressed it very strongly.

A football coach is more than just a coach for these kids. They have a responsibility to make sure the players are making good decisions as well, as much as they are able to.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

16 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Think they will still play but just find other players if needed