• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like the war on I-4 may return

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,914
  • Days Won:  67

20 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's exactly it.

Many of us don't "hate" UCF.  In a recent hate survey/thread, there were several that hated UF far more.  

Also, as I have stated, it's where do you want to be? What group do you want to run with?  Why would UCF play us now?  They won't for the same reason we didn't want to play them when we were above them and had even higher aspirations for the program.  UCF was the bottom.  

Don't fall for nonsense that a person that makes everything personal responds with.  People are allowed to have their own opinions without being accused of having no balls or whatever the insult is.

I would say the bulk of this board hates c worse than the other 3 if they really hate any team anymore.   None of those teams are good enough to really hate anymore and we are not really relevant either however the big 3 have always been at a higher rung, not the other way around with c so if you took a poll more would dislike them the most is my guess, don’t remember the poll but if you say there was a poll and our fans hated UF more than c then So be it.  I guess there are more ball less fans out there then I originally projected 😀

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

LOL …. what logic? You didn’t answer the question. If you want to play them, fine, I get it, but why do we HAVE to play them?

I did not say we had to, that was Brad, I think it is imperative that we do.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would say the bulk of this board hates c worse than the other 3 if they really hate any team anymore

The bulk of this board probably does hat UCF more, but you're not insulting them.  You're insulting the ones that either don't drive rivalry by hate or don't hate UCF or both.

I never said "our fans" hate UF more than UCF, but in that thread there were people that said that.  

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Huh?  Nevermind.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,111
  • Days Won:  39

team america vomit GIF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

50 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Which is why my question was in response to Brad's post ...... he's ducking me.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Which is why my question was in response to Brad's post ...... he's ducking me.

I missed that post...

We'll have to play them if offered.  They're on our way back up.  It's now a game worth playing, we're at the bottom.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I missed that post...

We'll have to play them if offered.  They're on our way back up.  It's now a game worth playing, we're at the bottom.  

Any power 5 win will be welcomed  if we are trying to win our way up. If it is against UCF that is even better.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Brad said:

That's exactly it.

Many of us don't "hate" UCF.  In a recent hate survey/thread, there were several that hated UF far more.  

Also, as I have stated, it's where do you want to be? What group do you want to run with?  Why would UCF play us now?  They won't for the same reason we didn't want to play them when we were above them and had even higher aspirations for the program.  UCF was the bottom.  

Don't fall for nonsense that a person that makes everything personal responds with.  People are allowed to have their own opinions without being accused of having no balls or whatever the insult is.

It's not about just hating a school. We can hate UF all we want, but they don't care. Both teams have to equally hate each other. The hate b/w USF and UCF is mutual. And in my opinion, no matter what anybody says, UCF is pretty much the most "disliked" team. In the end, we are all here to watch football and if you "dislike" another team, you will want to beat them on the field. Unlike the USF/UCF rivalry, UF fans don't give a **** about FSU's stadium, athletic budget, or conference aspirations. All they want to do is beat FSU on the football field. Hell, look at UCF. Even though they had waaay more success than us and moved on to a  P5 conference, they STILL have an active thread going on that is making fun of USF's shortcomings. It's going on year 3. We just need to agree to disagree, b/c I refuse to believe that UCF is not USf's biggest rival.  

image.thumb.png.c5edfba3e592b1178c8e0368682b6bb3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We just need to agree to disagree

That's the best direction.  

I am not arguing who USF's rival is - it is very clear that is has been made UCF through the actions of both UCF and USF.  Of course now that UCF has crushed us, they would certainly move on to a better "rival" if it appeared.  They would wisely forget all about hating USF if they could find a better entity to lift their image.  

And with all this hate, now I know why the country can't get along.

Rivalries aren't always based on hate.  At least I never had that in my coaching career.  My "rivals" were teams that played at a high level, that were perhaps even better than us and we respected because of their abilities and success.  The word rival is also used in the sense of competition, no hate necessary.  I can accept I am different.  If I hate something, somebody or a team, they're the last entity I want to be around. 

They are on top now.  Like I've said, it makes sense now to play them.  We'll just have to see if they are truly prepared to be as gracious to us as we were to them.  Hate works in mysterious ways I guess.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

That's the best direction.  

I am not arguing who USF's rival is - it is very clear that is has been made UCF through the actions of both UCF and USF.  Of course now that UCF has crushed us, they would certainly move on to a better "rival" if it appeared.  They would wisely forget all about hating USF if they could find a better entity to lift their image.  

And with all this hate, now I know why the country can't get along.

Rivalries aren't always based on hate.  At least I never had that in my coaching career.  My "rivals" were teams that played at a high level, that were perhaps even better than us and we respected because of their abilities and success.  The word rival is also used in the sense of competition, no hate necessary.  I can accept I am different.  If I hate something, somebody or a team, they're the last entity I want to be around. 

They are on top now.  Like I've said, it makes sense now to play them.  We'll just have to see if they are truly prepared to be as gracious to us as we were to them.  Hate works in mysterious ways I guess.

I never said Hate is the only thing that brings the two teams together. But for the past 10 years, we have watched them achieve almost every goal we ever had and many are bitter about it. I feel some are just lying to themselves when they dismiss this rivalry. 

• Go Bulls! 1

20 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It's not about just hating a school. We can hate UF all we want, but they don't care.

And with UCF hating us, many USF fans did not care I guess.  If you were around when the program started no one really worried about them.  Why did we suddenly care?  Especially after sweeping them the first four?  What caused us to care, er hate them, and when did that happen?  They were annoying pests on the board, but we had Bulls fans that were too.

We should care because they are geographically close to us?  

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

But for the past 10 years, we have watched them achieve almost every goal we ever had and many are bitter about it.

They are directing their anger at the wrong target.