• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like the war on I-4 may return

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Well I guess that makes sense for a tinman, Malzahn's beaten USF more than Saban has.

Only difference is  that Saban will probably blow out USF this season while UCF has never really blown USF out lol

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

True. And has UCF ever played Alabama in the Saban era?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Here is a funny tweet…

0CFAAD59-2F43-4EE7-A946-0DB1F97357F0.png

That is an interesting take. One guy is the goat of modern football and  Malzahn  beat him a few times. The Auburn fans were so happy when he was fired after a 6-4 season.  He did decent at Auburn won the SEC Title once I believe and lost to FSU. If I remember correctly wasn't he the head coach when UCF actually beat Auburn in the bowl game? He did better than Heupel's last year, but not as well overall.  He seems to hit a  plateau at 9 wins in the AAC. He is an above average coach and it will be interesting to see how he does in the b12. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,415
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Brad said:

True. And has UCF ever played Alabama in the Saban era?

Didn't they win the national championship in the Saban era? So in their minds... yes they did.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,415

47 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He seems to hit a  plateau at 9 wins in the AAC.

Happy Half Baked GIF

What are you even talking about?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Happy Half Baked GIF

What are you even talking about?

He had back to back 9 win seasons at ucf. Wasn't able to take thek further.  So I think that is is peak at ucf.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

7 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Didn't they win the national championship in the Saban era? So in their minds... yes they did.

Chizik was Auburn’s Head Coach for that National Title.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

That is an interesting take. One guy is the goat of modern football and  Malzahn  beat him a few times. The Auburn fans were so happy when he was fired after a 6-4 season.  He did decent at Auburn won the SEC Title once I believe and lost to FSU. If I remember correctly wasn't he the head coach when UCF actually beat Auburn in the bowl game? He did better than Heupel's last year, but not as well overall.  He seems to hit a  plateau at 9 wins in the AAC. He is an above average coach and it will be interesting to see how he does in the b12. 

I guess the bottom line from what I can tell is that UCF took a step back since Heupel left for Tenn. Basically it was Frost & Heupel that got UCF into the big 12. Gus pretty much rode the momentum but now it seems is bringing UCF back down when you look at last season. I do believe they will finish near the basement in big 12 this season. So the comparison to Saban is comical which is why the tweet is being laughed at 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  409
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I guess the bottom line from what I can tell is that UCF took a step back since Heupel left for Tenn. Basically it was Frost & Heupel that got UCF into the big 12. Gus pretty much rode the momentum but now it seems is bringing UCF back down when you look at last season. I do believe they will finish near the basement in big 12 this season. So the comparison to Saban is comical which is why the tweet is being laughed at 

I'm taking the troll bait damnit lol but that's not at all true. Except for the Saban tweet. That's dumb fan talk lol.

UCF under Heupel was slipping every year. Went from 12-1 to 10-3 to 6-4. He whiffed on a lot of local kids and our fans dogged him for that. Kept going for project OL dudes from Germany. Heupel was able to fix some of his recruiting shortcomings he had here but being at Tennessee also helps. Gus has elevated recruiting and we're having to play catch up for some of the holes left by Heupel. 

Pre season polls have as mid pack, between 6 and 9 (nice) depending on the poll. Almost unanimously agreed that we look the best equipped for a solid first season of the 4 new teams. At least on paper. Still pretty early but right now we've also been recruiting the best of the 4 new teams. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,575

On 7/17/2023 at 9:49 AM, Outlaw said:

Hopefully we have a winning coach and a solid program by then. We only have 6 seasons to get ready. 

Let’s just go ahead and give Goach an extension to 2029.