• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like the war on I-4 may return

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

He's not terrible, but he was likely going to be keeping us constantly in the 7 to 9 win territory once Milton and some of the Frost recruits were gone. Offense could pummel bad and average teams, challenge some good ones, but any team above that could find ways to shut it down. What he's doing now at Tennessee shows he's learned though from where things were heading south here. He was also handcuffed on the defensive side because our AD hired Randy Shannon independently of Heupel because he wanted a splash after we lose Frost. So our team ran like 2 separate teams.

Maybe Heupel was too busy looking for other jobs but to me he seems like a solid coach. Still young & hungry for national championships. Not sure Gus will be as hungry but the big 12 challenge might get him back on track. UCF had no business barely beating a bad USF team two seasons in a row and getting blown out by Tulane & Duke. I’m sure there are other UCF fans that feel the same way. I wish you the best but traveling in big 12 won’t be easy 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I wish you (UCF) the best worst

FIFY

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  404
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Maybe Heupel was too busy looking for other jobs but to me he seems like a solid coach. Still young & hungry for national championships. Not sure Gus will be as hungry but the big 12 challenge might get him back on track. UCF had no business barely beating a bad USF team two seasons in a row and getting blown out by Tulane & Duke. I’m sure there are other UCF fans that feel the same way. I wish you the best but traveling in big 12 won’t be easy 

Heupel is a solid coach and a really good guy off the field. Just clarifying he wasn't the one who elevated UCF, Frost gets the credit for that. But he's also not some bad coach like some UCF fans bash him to be. Heupel also had things like the Milton injury and then a bunch of defensive players have an off field issue that resulted in them being dismissed. So things not really that were his fault.

The end of season slide last year was a mixture of injury to JRP and our DC checked out since he eventually left for Arkansas. But the JRP injury falls on Gus. Our pass game has to open up or else our running QB gets beat up. Then you're left with an offense that's not great for passing and most backups not able to run the same way JRP does. Got a new OC so hoping that shifts things a little. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

Heupel is a solid coach and a really good guy off the field. Just clarifying he wasn't the one who elevated UCF, Frost gets the credit for that.

But no statue?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

But no statue?

For the sake of civility (I generally enjoy Mr./Mrs. Rustbucket's takes), I'm avoiding the low-hanging fruit here...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

For the sake of civility (I generally enjoy Mr./Mrs. Rustbucket's takes), I'm avoiding the low-hanging fruit here...

He/she has really cramped my style, also ....... I'll probably get over it, though.

• Haha 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,382
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He/she has really cramped my style, also ....... I'll probably get over it, though.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Careful, @Triple B gets a little squeamish around love songs and terms such as "you sexy thing".

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

@UCF_rustbucket  You the one rocking UCF/USF flair combo on /r/CFB?