• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like the war on I-4 may return

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

21 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I have followed it from day one. I was at the game when we beat them 64-12 in 2007. I remember when we dominated the series.

I assumed Matrix meant day one on here/Internet, which goes back to basically the beginning of the board. Their fans have been a blight upon the Earth for over 20 years and the less we have to deal with them the better. The cons of a “rivalry” right now far outweigh the pros. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

40 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I often wonder what the landscape would have looked like had we had pulled off the win in 2017. 

I often wonder what would have happened if we hadn't had the Miami series after gutting the program.  That was the opportunity to have meaningful wins against a top in-state school.  We had six games with them.  If we were at all successful it would have been meaningful.

Unfortunately, the place we're in, looking up at UCF is a place most people that were around understand being at UCF's level was never the goal of CJL and early fans, maybe Woolie or some fans that like to scream obscenities.

Different perspectives.  We should have a larger fan base that wants to play UCF just to get back to where we were, but the goal as Leavitt saw it, and those that knew, was never to be a peer of UCF, FAU, FIU, ETC. 

With that dream long gone you might as well buckle up.  We're below UCF and will have to play them whether you want to or not.  We'll be asking them.  They should reject us until we are in a P3-5 conference as well.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

I often wonder what would have happened if we hadn't had the Miami series after gutting the program.  That was the opportunity to have meaningful wins against a top in-state school.  We had six games with them.  If we were at all successful it would have been meaningful.

Unfortunately, the place we're in, looking up at UCF is a place most people that were around understand being at UCF's level was never the goal of CJL and early fans, maybe Woolie or some fans that like to scream obscenities.

Different perspectives.  We should have a larger fan base that wants to play UCF just to get back to where we were, but the goal as Leavitt saw it, and those that knew, was never to be a peer of UCF, FAU, FIU, ETC. 

With that dream long gone you might as well buckle up.  We're below UCF and will have to play them whether you want to or not.  We'll be asking them.  They should reject us until we are in a P3-5 conference as well.

I agree.  When we had them 4-0, they were in the rear view mirror, and there was no reason to entertain the idea of ever playing them again.  But then we allowed all this **** to happen...and here we are today.  😞

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

they are no longer our rival

they would slaughter us

our rivals are fau and fiu

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

48 minutes ago, Brad said:

we should have never stopped playing orlando. leavitt got too cocky.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Disagree, we have been atrocious and poorly coached the past few years but have consistently kept it close, which is what happens in a rivalry game when one team clearly outmatches the other.  I hate losing to them as much as the next guy but the last couple years have been the only somewhat enjoyable parts of the past couple of seasons. At least we play them close unlike the bulk of the other games we play.  I believe that those that don’t want to play them want to keep us small potato’s so they can be a big fish in a small pond, some would say they lack the balls to face the challenge, you can’t lose if you don’t play. 

🤦‍♂️ I can't believe I'm agreeing with Friscobull lol But this is EXACTLY how I feel. We all come here to watch college football. Win or Lose the games were in itself pretty interesting the last few years. What is the point of being a fan of the football team if you don't want to play your most hated team? If you truly hate UCf then you should want to play them so that you can beat them on the football field. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

🤦‍♂️ I can't believe I'm agreeing with Friscobull lol But this is EXACTLY how I feel. We all come here to watch college football. Win or Lose the games were in itself pretty interesting the last few years. What is the point of being a fan of the football team if you don't want to play your most hated team? If you truly hate UCf then you should want to play them so that you can beat them on the football field. 

I want to play them and kick the crap out of them.  I hope every other team that plays them kicks the crap out of them. This is a what a rivalry is. They have the upper hand and have no real need to schedule a game with USF at the moment. The game being put a pause for a few years is probably doing Usf a favor and pausing the losing streak. The new time we play them we better come out for blood  and be committed to winning from the first play of the game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,354
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, smazza said:

we should have never stopped playing orlando. leavitt got too cocky.

We should of never fired Leavitt. No sense of continuing to cry over spilled milk.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,424
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

We should of never fired Leavitt. No sense of continuing to cry over spilled milk.

The issues are the lack of accomplishments  in football since then. Putting your hope in Goach is the only play left.