• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bianchi Tops the Locals

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Add Ad MK to that suit and we maybe able to get @smazza to find some lawyer loophole to force them to donate to ocs.

Let’s show more patience here with the new coaching staff. If they end up being great hires than we should be good to go moving forward.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

I always thought it was bad for USF, when we were against UCF joining the Big East.  They are our natural rival and I want to beat them on the field, not in politics.  

I understand competing for recruits, but it was great for both programs in the years both teams were good. 

I grew up in Orlando, most of my family lives in Orlando and moved back a few years ago. I used to hate Bianchi, but he has matured a lot over the years. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

40 minutes ago, summmit07 said:

I grew up in Orlando, most of my family lives in Orlando and moved back a few years ago. I used to hate Bianchi, but he has matured a lot over the years. 

You are my Bullspen doppelganger!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

1 hour ago, summmit07 said:

I always thought it was bad for USF, when we were against UCF joining the Big East.  They are our natural rival and I want to beat them on the field, not in politics.  

I understand competing for recruits, but it was great for both programs in the years both teams were good. 

Natural rival will always be there. Building a rivalry with a known brand would have elevated the program.

Who knew the school would blow it multiple times.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,722
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Any chance that we can sue Charlie Strong and Jeff Scott for catastrophic damage to the program and massive loss of future revenue?

If that doesn't work out we can give them 7 digit buyouts.  

• Haha 1

• Content Count:  227

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Bianchi can be likened to the Tom McEwens and Hubert Mizells over here back when this area was striving to become the major sports area it's become ....... although he's usually been less professional with less class.

Well said… I grew up reading Mizell. Todays sports journalists could learn a lot from Mizell and McEwen. 

Go Bulls

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

7 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Natural rival will always be there. Building a rivalry with a known brand would have elevated the program.

Who knew the school would blow it multiple times.

Yes.  We had the Miami fans ticked off when we beat them and when we got so many games with them.  We didn't capitalize on it.  All you have to do is beat the team that you wish a rivalry with.  That is how it is done organically.  This cute little thing with Central State was an arranged marriage and had an amateurish feel to it.  Go find a team and take a championship or bowl away from them consistently and we will get their attention.  Until then, we have other things to worry about.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  227

11 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Well said… I grew up reading Mizell. Todays sports journalists could learn a lot from Mizell and McEwen. 

Go Bulls

Just read Bianchi’s article. Although he apparently has in the past,  I never thought I’d see the day when he would write a positive article about USF…

Question for the long-time posters on this board. Did the Big East require USF to upgrade the facilities for the Olympic sports and a condition of joining? 

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Yes.  We had the Miami fans ticked off when we beat them and when we got so many games with them.  We didn't capitalize on it.  All you have to do is beat the team that you wish a rivalry with.  That is how it is done organically.  This cute little thing with Central State was an arranged marriage and had an amateurish feel to it.  Go find a team and take a championship or bowl away from them consistently and we will get their attention.  Until then, we have other things to worry about.

If you remember the Miami win, we were fortuitous to say the least, McLain alone had two goal line stands and saved the game, our QB was trash on a good day and we lucked out in OT. We can’t hold the jocks of any team in Florida except maybe FIU, let’s tone down our privilege 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

18 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Just read Bianchi’s article. Although he apparently has in the past,  I never thought I’d see the day when he would write a positive article about USF…

Ok, you piqued my interest enough to take a chance on it. Although I still think it's mostly self serving because us joining them would be in UCF's best interest, meaning Bianchi's best interest, he exemplified the worn out cliches about broken clocks and blind squirrels with this pearl of wisdom:

Let’s face it, the main reason UCF got into the Big 12 wasn’t because the Knights had an on-campus stadium; it was because they had back-to-back unbeaten seasons in 2017 and ’18 and built a national brand. If the roles were reversed and USF had been the “hot” program when the Big 12 was realigning, the Bulls would be in the big-time and UCF would be left behind.

• Upvote 1