• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Portal and receivers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well we all agree coach Jeff Scott had a losing culture .

well facts can be disputed, but they still remain a fact.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

That's kind of where I was going with it.  And we're still getting over that little sports ptsd. I believe that building a winning and respectful culture is a necessary part of winning but it's not everything.  We were missing most of the rest.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,543
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

well facts can be disputed, but they still remain a fact.

1-26 speaks for itself in FBS football.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Everyone knows... 1) talk about winning a bunch 2) create a catchphrase 3) reference a winning program 4) do interviews where you look like you care immensely

Did you actually think winning games creates a winning culture? 

14 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Everyone knows... 1) talk about winning a bunch 2) create a catchphrase 3) reference a winning program 4) do interviews where you look like you care immensely

Did you actually think winning games creates a winning culture? 

Coaching players up   and teaching them how to win creates a winning culture. I don't think talking about winning and making cheesy slogans that are catchy defines a coach. Just your record. You can tell me all about winning and how to win, but if you can't coach a team to win then it is all hot air.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

I think we win 4-6 games off coaching alone. I could see from a game plan standpoint how our splits are going to open up the field. I saw from our defense our secondary and db’s are going to play more sound football. Now im being optimistic but i also think whoever is here has a better shot of winning than previous 3 years. I don’t care who we lose as much production as we lost…someone new will have to do it. We have 3/4 good backs. One of best qb rooms ever. Offensively we will be fine. Its how much this rag tag group of defense responds to what i feel all around is far superior coaching and structure than we have seen before on all levels.  Im hoping we add some on defense now in portal up front for sure. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

I'm pretty sure strong and scott had players leave that "didn't meet their standard" too.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

22 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

I think we win 4-6 games off coaching alone. I could see from a game plan standpoint how our splits are going to open up the field. I saw from our defense our secondary and db’s are going to play more sound football. Now im being optimistic but i also think whoever is here has a better shot of winning than previous 3 years. I don’t care who we lose as much production as we lost…someone new will have to do it. We have 3/4 good backs. One of best qb rooms ever. Offensively we will be fine. Its how much this rag tag group of defense responds to what i feel all around is far superior coaching and structure than we have seen before on all levels.  Im hoping we add some on defense now in portal up front for sure. 

I hope you are right.  There will be lots of changes between now and our first game, but I didn't come away from the Spring game with warm and fuzzies.  It sounds like Coach is going to be holding players to standards or showing them the door.  That will help.

Edited by Grateful Dad
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I'm pretty sure strong and scott had players leave that "didn't meet their standard" too.

Scott  didn't meet the coaching standard unless you prioritize losing and stability. The sooner we can purge his existence from usf by winning the better. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I hope you are right.  There will be lots of changes between now and our first game, but I didn't come away from the Spring game with warm and fuzzies.  It sounds like Coach is going to be holding players to standards or showing them the door.  That will help.

What happens if we run out of players?