• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meet Coach Abdur-Rahim

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

extra juju

There you go…

I’ll say this much: listening to the new coach, even though a lot of it is coachspeak, he was much more inspiring in 15 minutes then I’d ever felt from Brian Gregory. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Since I’m no longer hip and or cool, I consulted the AI overload to translate this tweet:

ryan@herzek.net
Please help me understand the meaning of the #EDGE hashtag from the following tweet made by new USF basketball head coach Amir Abdur-Rahim: Bulls Nation… Feet To The Ground. #EDGE

In the context of this tweet by Amir Abdur-Rahim, the new USF basketball head coach, the hashtag #EDGE likely represents a team mantra, slogan, or rallying cry. It's meant to convey a specific message or mindset to the players, staff, and fans. While I cannot definitively say what #EDGE stands for without more context, it could be an acronym for certain values or principles, or it may symbolize a competitive edge, implying that the team will work hard, be focused, and strive for excellence. "Feet To The Ground" suggests that the team will stay grounded, work diligently, and be prepared for the challenges ahead. Overall, the tweet is meant to inspire and motivate the Bulls Nation as they embark on a new chapter with their new head coach.

ryan@herzek.net
Speculate what EDGE stands for

While there's no definitive meaning available for the hashtag #EDGE in this specific context, I can provide a speculative interpretation based on common values and principles in sports.

EDGE could be an acronym that stands for:

E - Effort: Committing to give one's best in every practice, game, and off-court activities. D - Discipline: Demonstrating self-control and adherence to team rules, strategies, and routines. G - Grit: Displaying resilience, determination, and mental toughness in the face of challenges and setbacks. E - Excellence: Striving to achieve the highest possible performance and outcome, both individually and as a team.

Keep in mind that this is purely speculative and may not accurately represent Coach Abdur-Rahim's intended meaning behind the hashtag. Nonetheless, it captures the spirit of attributes commonly valued in sports teams, especially as they work towards success under a new coach

As long as that's the only edging that's going on...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

what does feet to the ground mean

Don't play basketball like this.

image.png.e6e66b94c4e84f86d7a47fd7d70a8de9.png

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

i watched his press conference so I get it now

"every day when my feet touch the ground I will represent this university at the highest level"

I also noted VPMK didn't say the word "win" once. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

"every day when my feet touch the ground I will represent this university at the highest level"

Did he, by chance, use the term "demand excellence"?

He didn't just fire CBG because he didn't like the suits he wore ...... does he REALLY need to say the word "win"?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Personally coach speak doesn't do anything for me. Every coach can come up with some nice slogans, but what I am interested in is can the person coach. Every coach does it to an extent, and its not necessarily a bad thing, but I am to a point where I just want to see wins. There is still a long time before season starts, but what I would like to see in the short term is how does he recruit. Do our best current players stick around (Tchewa, Miguel), and can he convince Youngblood to come to USF.  If he is able to get that done I will consider it a great start.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Yeah, the saying is derived from "boots on the ground", which means that action is being taken as opposed to be "sitting back".

I thought it was a good speech and I liked that they cut to the players in the audience so you can see their reaction.  Saw a few nods...

41 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Seems to often say something like “student athlete experience” may be the goal.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

He does not prioritize winning  .