• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meet Coach Abdur-Rahim

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

23 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

When MK talks, winning isn't something that he discusses much.  He makes sure to focus on all the other issues, alignment, student athlete experience, etc.

That's probably because it's painfully obvious that's the goal when playing sports and figures everybody should realize that ....

Like any leader he sets the tone of the organization, and it doesn't seem like there is a commitment to win within USF athletics.

Then looks like he's got CAG and CAAR completely fooled ten ... 

Not to beat a dead horse, but an AD/VPA that was committed to win would not have extended the contracts of the highly under performing coaches in your 2 main revenue sports.  If you're a coach at USF and you see your boss reward failing behavior what must you be thinking?

That's not a dead horse, it's the completely wrong horse. The extensions weren't about rewarding failure and if he wasn't committed to winning, why fire those 2 coaches?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's probably because it's painfully obvious that's the goal when playing sports and figures everybody should realize that ....

Then looks like he's got CAG and CAAR completely fooled ten ... 

That's not a dead horse, it's the completely wrong horse. The extensions weren't about rewarding failure and if he wasn't committed to winning, why fire those 2 coaches?

The losing in this athletic department has been going on a very long time and is persistent and pervasive, in particular the main revenue sports.  The continued losing goes beyond one or two bad coaches.  It's ingrained in to the athletic department.  I'm done trying to blame coaches for the losing.  I'm looking more to the individual that leads the organization ,sets the overall tone for the department, hires the coaches and manages said coaches.  In this regard, on any level you chose to look at it, MK has been abject failure.  

You continue to give shade to MK and I don't and on this we can agree to disagree.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

21 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The losing in this athletic department has been going on a very long time and is persistent and pervasive, in particular the main revenue sports.  The continued losing goes beyond one or two bad coaches.  It's ingrained in to the athletic department.  I'm done trying to blame coaches for the losing.  I'm looking more to the individual that leads the organization ,sets the overall tone for the department, hires the coaches and manages said coaches.  In this regard, on any level you chose to look at it, MK has been abject failure.  

You continue to give shade to MK and I don't and on this we can agree to disagree.

I do see where you're coming from when looking at it from that focused perspective of main revenue sports .....

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,358
  • Days Won:  25

If you he lands the transfers then MBB instantly got better . At least he seems to be bringing in actual talent to the MBB program.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,358
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I am with you man. Honestly you should put all of your money and time into the two biggest money making sports. If they succeed they  secure lots of funds for your whole athletics department and University.