• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So college attendance should go back up with the 12 team playoffs? ........ Win and you're in.

I think it could if the games are more meaningful.  As it stands now you can go undefeated and get shut out of the playoffs.  Its disheartening to the fans.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

The reason college attendance is down is the same partially the same reason our country is so split politically.  You have a large protion of kids that are the pro LGBT and BLM group that think football is toxic mascalinity . (you also have so many kids that would rathe play video games all day). You still have a core (mostly in the blue blood south schools) of kids that do love colege football and are more conservative then people think, Hence the F Joe Biden chants recently.   

What? 🤣 What does any of what you said have to do with college football? Too much Faux News buddy. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

What? 🤣 What does any of what you said have to do with college football? Too much Faux News buddy. 

Careful, you’re headed toward the trough 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

37 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

The reason college attendance is down is the same partially the same reason our country is so split politically.  You have a large protion of kids that are the pro LGBT and BLM group that think football is toxic mascalinity . (you also have so many kids that would rathe play video games all day). You still have a core (mostly in the blue blood south schools) of kids that do love colege football and are more conservative then people think, Hence the F Joe Biden chants recently.   

I disagree.  Whatever ones politics college football is something that unites us all. Liberals, moderates, conservatives, and everyone in between all love college football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

Just stumbled across something that may be of interest to the admin with regards to stadium design. Might be a bit out of our range currently until we have some stronger demand for club access in our OCS.  ClubCorp, which rebranded to Invited Clubs, manages a network of 200+ clubs across the country, including multiple golf clubs and a social club space on Kennedy near the airport.  They also run a few stadium clubs in college football stadiums across the country. I wonder how many USF alumni would be interested in a club membership that spans golf courses AND our OCS? We have a younger and less developed alumni base when compared to most all of the schools they currently operate in, but it may be worth a look.  @John Lewis, has this been mentioned at all for potential within the OCS? Has Invited been approached to scope interest? 

Full membership to XYZ golf club. 

Reciprocal benefits at multiple other courses in the area. 

Business club near the airport for work. 

Club lounge in the stadium. 

tampa-palms_golf_22_1920_1200.jpg

Discover the exceptional benefits of membership at ClubCorp. Our clubs have best-in-class golfing, tennis, fitness, dining, and event facilities.
sands-club_ua_bar__007.jpg

Discover the exceptional benefits of membership at ClubCorp. Our clubs have best-in-class golfing, tennis, fitness, dining, and event facilities.

Edited by USF_Bullsharks

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I think it could if the games are more meaningful.  As it stands now you can go undefeated and get shut out of the playoffs.  Its disheartening to the fans.

I get that but you're looking at it just from the G5 perspective. I'm assuming this down turn includes the P5, maybe even more so, where if you went undefeated you were in ..... at least with the CFP's. I think the reason for the fall off is going to be pretty complicated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Just stumbled across something that may be of interest to the admin with regards to stadium design. Might be a bit out of our range currently until we have some stronger demand for club access in our OCS.  ClubCorp, which rebranded to Invited Clubs, manages a network of 200+ clubs across the country, including multiple golf clubs and a social club space on Kennedy near the airport.  They also run a few stadium clubs in college football stadiums across the country. I wonder how many USF alumni would be interested in a club membership that spans golf courses AND our OCS? We have a younger and less developed alumni base when compared to most all of the schools they currently operate in, but it may be worth a look.  @John Lewis, has this been mentioned at all for potential within the OCS? Has Invited been approached to scope interest? 

That does sound pretty cool but the highlighted part may be a reason for this becoming more viable down the road rather than now .... but you never know. Maybe tie those outside club memberships to stadium suites rather than the OCS Club?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, Triple B said:
16 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I get that but you're looking at it just from the G5 perspective. I'm assuming this down turn includes the P5, maybe even more so, where if you went undefeated you were in ..... at least with the CFP's. I think the reason for the fall off is going to be pretty complicated.

I think the reasons for the decline nationwide, as well as weakness for attendance in certain Tampa Bay area sports (e.g., Bulls, Rays), are myriad.  One would think winning an a new OCS stadium should help some.  The question will be whether the long-term benefit of the facility to the overall University community will be worth the investment.  I suspect the answers to that question will be almost as diverse depending on one's perspective.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:
14 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Expand  

That does sound pretty cool but the highlighted part may be a reason for this becoming more viable down the road rather than now .... but you never know. Maybe tie those outside club memberships to stadium suites rather than the OCS Club?

Might be better for marketing than in practicality.  I used to be a ClubCorp member for many years and never was able to take much advantage of any of the reciprocal club benefits due to circumstances and conditions.  Really avid golfers may benefit more than I ever did.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Taj Mahal Stadium….