• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Women's Basketball vs ECU Pirates - 7 PM Tonight - ESPN+

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

If anyone remembers, I had called out UCF for trapping at the end of the blowout. 

We have a fun, classic coach Fernandez moment tonight. 

USF up 20+ with the ball and the shot clock off. USF content to run out the clock. ECU insists on guarding the Bull and making it difficult to simply run out the clock. Coach tells his team to go score with 10 seconds left. Basically, if you won't let us run out the clock then we are going to shoot. (we missed the shot) but still always fun to watch. I was trying to see if there was any hostility in the handshake line after that, but didn't see any. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

This team is special. Everyone should really get out to a game and support these girls!

Yes.  Definitely. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

20 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

If anyone remembers, I had called out UCF for trapping at the end of the blowout. 

We have a fun, classic coach Fernandez moment tonight. 

USF up 20+ with the ball and the shot clock off. USF content to run out the clock. ECU insists on guarding the Bull and making it difficult to simply run out the clock. Coach tells his team to go score with 10 seconds left. Basically, if you won't let us run out the clock then we are going to shoot. (we missed the shot) but still always fun to watch. I was trying to see if there was any hostility in the handshake line after that, but didn't see any. 

I caught that as well. CJF has that dog in him. I loved his exasperated "What the **** was that?" to Wilson after she made a pass to no one at the end of the first half. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

35 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Remember Courtney doing that in a game once. Really sucks not being able to be there in person. The one team we really enjoy watching and we're done for the year. Which reminds me, need to cancel Ft Worth trip.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I caught that as well. CJF has that dog in him. I loved his exasperated "What the **** was that?" to Wilson after she made a pass to no one at the end of the first half. 

That was a yeah but moment. Elena looked at her and then turned away and didn't the see the pass IIRC. Could be wrong. Lots going on around here.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Remember Courtney doing that in a game once. Really sucks not being able to be there in person. The one team we really enjoy watching and we're done for the year. Which reminds me, need to cancel Ft Worth trip.

Agree - thought of Courtney when Elena did that.  She did not have a good night, but that shot made up for it!

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  222

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Yes.  Definitely. 

Agree! With tonight’s win, I think that they have now won 11 in a row. Six more regular season games left, and then hopefully 3 conference tournament games. Can they get 9 more wins and hopefully get a 4 seed and host the first round? A lot to ask, but I think that this team could pull it off. CJF said tonight that they have going at it for 14 days straight, but that a bye week is coming up. Maybe that’s why Elena didn’t have her best game.

February is going to be fun! 

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Days Won:  10

For those who didn't notice, Maria Alvarez was kept out of the game because of concussion protocol.  Apparently, she and Sammie collided in practice.  MRI was negative and she should be good for the next game.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

The one team we really enjoy watching and we're done for the year.

I know you and your wife will be there in spirit (and in large photos of your faces sitting in your seats). 🙂🤘

39 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I know you and your wife will be there in spirit (and in large photos of your faces sitting in your seats). 🙂🤘

That picture the team took earlier in the day holding her pic made us both cry. At some point when things calm down I'll have to send them, the coaches and the staff a note. Already have thanked @Ricky the Bull a couple of times but thanks again.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2