• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Went to a Pitt B Ball game on Tues observations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

I was up at my companies HQ this week to train some new people.  My company is a pretty big supporter of Pitt. On Tuesday we presented Pitt athletics with a check so we were wined and dined in the club area.     

Peterson athletic center is nice but Yuengling blows it out of the water.  It just seemed dated but had so much room on the concourses even bigger then Amalie.    Arena seats 12,500. It was probably a little less then half filled so estimating 5,500 people.  Student section was into it but I would say at most there were 1,200 kids   It was really loud though, the noise echos.  Pitt is decent this year and for playing a ACC conference foe I was expecting more students and fans.

We parked in a garage that was attached to their "indoor performance center"  Really strange setup as you almost walk straight into it when you get off the elevator.   Sow some Softball girls practicing in it.   It is really old and decrepit looking.  The Porter totally destroys it.

What was funny was the guy that was in charge of taking care of us and trying to get more cash, came to Pitt about two years ago from UC.  I told him I'm USF and somehow UCF came up .  He said he hates that school as does almost everyone else.   He became my friend  :)          Also he doesn't believe the ACC is going to  lose any schools going forward so USF will never get an invite.   Not sure how in the know he is so probably means nothing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

24 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I was up at my companies HQ this week to train some new people.  My company is a pretty big supporter of Pitt. On Tuesday we presented Pitt athletics with a check so we were wined and dined in the club area.     

Peterson athletic center is nice but Yuengling blows it out of the water.  It just seemed dated but had so much room on the concourses even bigger then Amalie.    Arena seats 12,500. It was probably a little less then half filled so estimating 5,500 people.  Student section was into it but I would say at most there were 1,200 kids   It was really loud though, the noise echos.  Pitt is decent this year and for playing a ACC conference foe I was expecting more students and fans.

We parked in a garage that was attached to their "indoor performance center"  Really strange setup as you almost walk straight into it when you get off the elevator.   Sow some Softball girls practicing in it.   It is really old and decrepit looking.  The Porter totally destroys it.

What was funny was the guy that was in charge of taking care of us and trying to get more cash, came to Pitt about two years ago from UC.  I told him I'm USF and somehow UCF came up .  He said he hates that school as does almost everyone else.   He became my friend  :)          Also he doesn't believe the ACC is going to  lose any schools going forward so USF will never get an invite.   Not sure how in the know he is so probably means nothing.

Thanks for sharing. Pitt was one of the teams that colluded with ESPN to destroy Big East football, so I detest them and hope they continue being unimportant in the world of college athletics. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

41 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Also he doesn't believe the ACC is going to  lose any schools going forward so USF will never get an invite.   Not sure how in the know he is so probably means nothing.

Do they have to lose a school for us to get an invite at some point ....?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Do they have to lose a school for us to get an invite at some point ....?

I would be pretty confident FSU amd UM would first never allow it. Secondly are we or will we ever be that valuable of a program for them to just add us with 2 teams already in the Florida market.  I just don't think so

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, goingbackbull said:

I would be pretty confident FSU amd UM would first never allow it. Secondly are we or will we ever be that valuable of a program for them to just add us with 2 teams already in the Florida market.  I just don't think so

Buzzkill ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

are we or will we ever be that valuable of a program for them to just add us with 2 teams already in the Florida market.  I just don't think so.

I think that's a fair assessment. I believe we, along with FAU, will be members of the AAC for quite a long, long time. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731

Careful fellas... This thread on Pitt might grow to 2000+ pages if you keep up the conference realignment talk. 😂🤘

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  10

24 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

That's why the Big 12 is more likely. UCF would not wield that type of power of blocking us to the Big 12.

However nobody knows how conference realignment will shake out, but I do see FSU and Clemson being verry attractive to other conferences

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,530
  • Days Won:  25

28 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I think that's a fair assessment. I believe we, along with FAU, will be members of the AAC for quite a long, long time. 

It pains me to say  it but you are right I think. We sucked for too long at our best chance to move back up.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

It pains me to say  it but you are right I think. We sucked for too long at our best chance to move back up.

Things can change quickly in the current football landscape. You start winning;  build a nice OCS, win some bowl games, win a conference championship,  then go to a New Year bowl game; and before you know it people will be saying what about USF. UCF did it; so I don't see why we can't. As soon as the Big 12 loses teams, they will look at the AAC to replace what they lose. I am sure Tulane's stock has risen in the past year. They will look at SMU and Memphis as well. We need to make sure when that happens that we are more attractive.

Have to start winning though as soon as possible since we can't afford another 2-3 years of not winning. And when we start winning we have to sustain it. If we play our cards right we will be in a major conference within the next 5-7 years

• Upvote 1