• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Went to a Pitt B Ball game on Tues observations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Aren't the ACC "theories" tied to Kelly's connections ... alleged?

More tied to just wishful thinking and hoping ...... although Mike did a nice breakdown.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

There are 5 conferences that would be a step up. I'll eliminate the Pac as illogical. 

While I would love a SEC invite, that seems a long way off. 

Big 10 - while we are getting close to AAU status, it also seems highly unlikely. 

That leaves 2. We are a better Geographic fit in the ACC. The other league has a school that may be our greatest ally or hindrance (they don't want us, but the league may want a travel partner so teams that play road trips can group two schools together). 

There is no question that our AD has incredible ACC contacts and connections, but that isn't enough, we have to be ready when the time is right (like we weren't ready the last time a shakeup happened). 

I think if we had kept the winning momentum going after Strong's first year we probably would have been invited  along with Cincy, UCF, and Houston. Strong's last year, and then Scott first two years set us back enormously. That's past now, and we can focus only on what's ahead. We need to start winning now, sustain it ,built the OCS, and we will be fine.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Remember going to that wonderful 2001 game against Pitt in the brand-spanking new Heinz Field (n/k/a Agrisure Stadium) and being amazed that 21st century Pittsburgh technology had us pissing in troughs.

As for the new conference speculation, I think maybe we should link up with a conference that really could use a Florida presence.

Ivy League Day Camp | Manalapan NJ

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

More tied to just wishful thinking and hoping ...... although Mike did a nice breakdown.

This is kind of what I was alluding to ...  not very well ....  but yes on both accounts