• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A look at our Football team for 2023 (New additions, Transfers, Starting Line-ups & Depth)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

Just FYI, Eddie Kelly signed with Georgia Tech.  😞

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

It blows my mind how many guys transfered out signed with P 5 schools.    Jeff Scott is even worse of a coach then I thought

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

19 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

It blows my mind how many guys transfered out signed with P 5 schools.    Jeff Scott is even worse of a coach then I thought

Definitely surpassed Skip and Charlie.  It's tough because they both left things in shambles but so did Scott (and never won).

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

13 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Grier -> Arkansas

Horn -> Colorado

Shrader -> Notre Dame

Long -> Georgia Tech

Mangham -> Michigan State

Weaver -> Colorado

Hall -> Duke

Battie -> Auburn

Kelly -> Georgia Tech

You're spot on, a team with that much talent and a good QB to go along with it shouldn't be going 1-11. This is one of the big reasons I'm optimistic for Golesh. I think we had the talent to make a bowl game on the roster last season, Jeff Scott was just ******* clueless with game prep, game management, situational football, etc.

90% of the games in his tenure felt like we'd come out totally unprepared and go down 2-3 scores immediately. Then the players would keep fighting and give us reason for optimism, until the same exact thing happened the next week.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

On 5/9/2023 at 10:41 AM, bullstampede9922 said:

Maybe he'll donate towards the new OCS with all his O-Face money.....

Maybe he can donate to the stadium fund and we can put in a “bone rollercoaster” to compete with the c clowns’ lazy river.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

32 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Grier -> Arkansas

Horn -> Colorado

Shrader -> Notre Dame

Long -> Georgia Tech

Weaver -> Colorado

Hall -> Duke

Battie -> Auburn

Kelly -> Georgia Tech

You're spot on, a team with that much talent and a good QB to go along with it shouldn't be going 1-11. This is one of the big reasons I'm optimistic for Golesh. I think we had the talent to make a bowl game on the roster last season, Jeff Scott was just ******* clueless with game prep, game management, situational football, etc.

90% of the games in his tenure felt like we'd come out totally unprepared and go down 2-3 scores immediately. Then the players would keep fighting and give us reason for optimism, until the same exact thing happened the next week.

Disappointing Coach Golesh wasn't able to hold on to more of these players.

We are seeing a similar thing in basketball where we have lost our best remaining players.

You haven't seen this type of turnover with most teams that have a new coach.

Recruiting so far has been subpar. Especially recruiting in basketball has been disappointing so far. The hope is that the new coaches are just better then the previous ones, and are able to do more with less.

I do still think at least for football there is still enough talent on the roster to be competitive in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

36 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Grier -> Arkansas

Horn -> Colorado

Shrader -> Notre Dame

Long -> Georgia Tech

Weaver -> Colorado

Hall -> Duke

Battie -> Auburn

Kelly -> Georgia Tech

agree completely. scott was a terrible coach but decent recruiter.

He seemed to panic in big situations. never had the team prepared. only took risks offensively when we were down 3 scores by the end of the first quarter.he coached scared.

Golesh seems to have a confidence about him.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Disappointing Coach Golesh wasn't able to hold on to more of these players.

We are seeing a similar thing in basketball where we have lost our best remaining players.

You haven't seen this type of turnover with most teams that have a new coach.

Recruiting so far has been subpar. Especially recruiting in basketball has been disappointing so far. The hope is that the new coaches are just better then the previous ones, and are able to do more with less.

I do still think at least for football there is still enough talent on the roster to be competitive in the AAC.

there's always turnover in college. constantly rebuilding rosters. QB is most important and I think we should be ok there.shouldn't be tough to find skill position players in this state

the only hoops player that will be missed is Harris and he was gone regardless.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

57 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Grier -> Arkansas

Horn -> Colorado

Shrader -> Notre Dame

Long -> Georgia Tech

Weaver -> Colorado

Hall -> Duke

Battie -> Auburn

Kelly -> Georgia Tech

You missed walk on Jason Albritton to Ole Miss.      I think their may be 1 or 2 more       Unreal

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

there's always turnover in college. constantly rebuilding rosters. QB is most important and I think we should be ok there.shouldn't be tough to find skill position players in this state

the only hoops player that will be missed is Harris and he was gone regardless.

Some turnover is to be expected, but very few cases where you lose the amount of good players we did.  For example, FAU didn't have this type of turnover when Herman came in.

They just got a huge commit from Casy Thompson, starting Nebraska QB last year (2400 yards 17 td 10 int),

For basketball we had some decent players left, but besides Miguel they are all gone and have been replaced with  mostly Asun and juco talent. We haven't bee able to pick up one player in basketball from a Power team.

I feel the roster for both football and basketball is worse today then it was last season.

The hope is that the coaching will be better so that we will see some improvement.

Edited by belgianbull