• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white coaching staff

sloan1919

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're speaking for all parents and donors now? I'm sure there are plenty out there who have evolved and not noticing stuff like this. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is just plain wrong and counter productive ....... although I do get where it came from, considering that racism was rampant in this country for so long but at some point you've got to move on

Having said that, I'm sure there are, sadly, still cases out there where the lack of diversity is based on racism and those should be dealt with severely, if that is indeed the case.

All? Why not some. I’m certain there are many donors, stakeholders, and parents that don’t care at all about diversity, equity, or inclusion. You need to go no further than this thread to see that. Nothing but a bunch of gaslighting, assumptions, and angry people for just mentioning the fact that the coaching staff is all white men.

Edited by sloan1919

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,372
  • Days Won:  43

Since people are too sensitive these days I would recommend changing the title of this thread. And remember to put God first in your lives as that is the only way forward…..

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

It is the case. Do you really think it is over? Wish I could live in your world. 

That is besides the point. I don’t know Alex G or any of his team. I simply know what has been announced. As of this moment (may change in the future), his staff is all white men. 

Brock Purdy only throws TD passes to white TEs. It might change in the future, but I simply know what he's done so far in his career.

Edited by JTrue

11 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Then just say that you're a racist and we can all move on. 

More gaslighting? Lol If you don’t believe in diversity, fine. I’m not asking you to change. But I’m not going to respond to your obvious attempts to gaslight me because you have nothing intelligent to say.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

It is the case. Do you really think it is over? Wish I could live in your world.

Not sure where you got I think "it's" over, assuming "it" is racism, but it's not around every corner ....

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

More gaslighting? Lol If you don’t believe in diversity, fine. I’m not asking you to change. But I’m not going to respond to your obvious attempts to gaslight me because you have nothing intelligent to say.

I'd say jumping to conclusions and using a small window of opportunity to push your agenda, when the staff isn't even completely filled out yet, would be gaslighting bruh. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,365
  • Days Won:  10

How do you know how much diversity is included in the group so far?  If you truly understood diversity, you would know that it extends much broader than black and white.

I was part of an all white six person work group in an HR dept.  My department head told me that one of the City Commissioners (who is African-American) publicly criticized us for a lack of diversity.  I laughed at him and explained that in just six people we had:

• Three males, three females
  • Four of us over forty
  • Three of us veterans
  • One Hispanic
  • One disabled
  • Four w/college degrees, two without

I informed my department head that perhaps we didn't have the "right" diversity - You know, the only one that counts.  He didn't laugh.😁

Edited by Grateful Dad

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

How do you know how much diversity is included in the group so far?  If you truly understood diversity, you would know that it extends much broader than black and white.

I was part of a six person work group in an HR dept.  My department head told me that one of the City Commissioners (who is African-American) publicly criticized us for a lack of diversity.  I laughed at him and explained that in just six people we had:

• Four of us over forty
  • Three of us veterans
  • One Hispanic
  • One disabled

I informed my department head that perhaps we didn't have the "right" diversity - You know, the only one that counts.  He didn't laugh.😁

Only one hispanic? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

Should've posted this immediately after CAG was hired.  "All white coaching staff"!!!!

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I was part of an all white six person work group in an HR dept.  My department head told me that one of the City Commissioners (who is African-American) publicly criticized us for a lack of diversity.  I laughed at him and explained that in just six people we had:

• Four of us over forty
  • Three of us veterans
  • One Hispanic
  • One disabled

To clarify, racial diversity.