• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white coaching staff

sloan1919

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, sloan1919 said:

Never sad anything about racism. You did. I simply said there was a lack of diversity in the coaching staff that has been announced SO FAR. That’s a fact that is easily verified through the athletics USF website. Anything more than that is just speculation. I don’t think that everyone who doesn’t value diversity is racist. That just isn’t true. There could be 100 reasons why the coaching staff is what it is. My point was, parents, donors, etc. expect diversity and if it isn’t there things like recruiting will be hard. As a parent, I wouldn’t send my kid to a school that was not diverse or have want him in sports that wasn’t diverse. Some parents may not care but I would.

I never said you said anything about being racist. You did. I just said I love imagined racism.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I don't think anybody was going to have a problem if dieon sanders brought a mostly black staff... but leave it to this guy to have a problem with a mostly white staff. The only issue will be if they don't win enough. 

Sure they would. It would be statistically impossible if that happened and there was no bias. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

I didn’t even notice the staff was of a similar look. 

That said, is this was the NFL people would question it. They would throw out some percentages on demographics and it would raise an eyebrow or two. Just being very honest.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, sloan1919 said:

Sure they would. It would be statistically impossible if that happened and there was no bias. 

There is an absolute zero percent chance anybody makes a thread on this board about a mostly black coaching staff and complaining about it. You're so delusional

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

Never sad anything about racism. You did. I simply said there was a lack of diversity in the coaching staff that has been announced SO FAR. That’s a fact that is easily verified through the athletics USF website. Anything more than that is just speculation. I don’t think that everyone who doesn’t value diversity is racist. That just isn’t true. There could be 100 reasons why the coaching staff is what it is. My point was, parents, donors, etc. expect diversity and if it isn’t there things like recruiting will be hard. As a parent, I wouldn’t send my kid to a school that was not diverse or have want him in sports that wasn’t diverse. Some parents may not care but I would.

Then why didn't you title the thread "lack of diversity" instead of "all white coaching staff". You immediately brought race in play with the title of the thread. Practice what you preach big guy. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, WhoRUSF said:

There is an absolute zero percent chance anybody makes a thread on this board about a mostly black coaching staff and complaining about it. You're so delusional

Maybe not say anything but they would be thinking it. If Deion had an all black staff everyone here (including me) would be giving him the side eye. There are white players too. I bet their parents would notice.

2 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Look my Haitian a$$ wanted BJM as the DC. It didnt happen. I've noticed the lack of diversity as well, but we have had a black head coach with a mostly black staff that the players hated (CCS). In the end, the players want to win. And whoever gets them there is who they will be ok with. If it makes you feel better, according to a few blogs, these 3 black coaches will be added to our staff.

7. RB– Matt Merritt
8. DB – Matt Birkett
9. WR - Marcus Davis

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, sloan1919 said:

Maybe not say anything but they would be thinking it. If Deion had an all black staff everyone here (including me) would be giving him the side eye. There are white players too. I bet their parents would notice.

I would see zero problem if Sanders did that. I simply disagree that every group in society needs to be perfectly representative of demographics at all time.  Your focus is clearly not where it needs to be. 

On a rarely talked about aspect of that issue, maybe there is a chance of synergy with people of similar cultures? On the flip side, maybe it leads to comfortability which can be negative. I don't actually know the answer here, but neither do you. 

At the end of the day, society is trying to get rid itself of actual racism. And when you complain every time a group is not a direct representation of demographics, it honestly makes race relations worse. People start conflating actual racism with this type of micro management.