• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

All white coaching staff

sloan1919

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,372
  • Days Won:  43

Too many hypotheticals going on. You can either choose to dwell on it or think bigger and realize that we are all God’s people.  Enjoy life as it is a fast & short ride in paradise. Go Bulls!! Green & Gold are the colors that matter most to me 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Look my Haitian a$$ wanted BJM as the DC. It didnt happen. I've noticed the lack of diversity as well, but we have had a black head coach with a mostly black staff that the players hated (CCS). In the end, the players want to win. And whoever gets them there is who they will be ok with. If it makes you feel better, according to a few blogs, these 3 black coaches will be added to our staff.

7. RB– Matt Merritt
8. DB – Matt Birkett
9. WR - Marcus Davis

There names all start with “M”. 🤔

😉 - Yes, I’m messing around.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, CycleBull said:

There names all start with “M”. 🤔

It is a bit of a microaggression and, in the future, you need to do better.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Then why didn't you title the thread "lack of diversity" instead of "all white coaching staff". You immediately brought race in play with the title of the thread. Practice what you preach big guy. 

My point was about race. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It is a bit of a microaggression and, in the future, you need to do better.

To be honest, it’s not and I’m not even calling anyone out. If you want some help on your last post it’s unconscious bias. That’s what you are describing. No need to make a deal of this. Define it in your post and move on. If you can’t read my full two sentences then you’re the problem. If you can’t read the sarcasm in the two posts I’ve had, you’re the problem. 

Make sure to quote the entire post next time.

Edited by CycleBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, sloan1919 said:

Never sad anything about racism. You did. I simply said there was a lack of diversity in the coaching staff that has been announced SO FAR. That’s a fact that is easily verified through the athletics USF website. Anything more than that is just speculation. I don’t think that everyone who doesn’t value diversity is racist. That just isn’t true. There could be 100 reasons why the coaching staff is what it is. My point was, parents, donors, etc. expect diversity and if it isn’t there things like recruiting will be hard. As a parent, I wouldn’t send my kid to a school that was not diverse or have want him in sports that wasn’t diverse. Some parents may not care but I would.

You're speaking for all parents and donors now? I'm sure there are plenty out there who have evolved and not noticing stuff like this. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is just plain wrong and counter productive ....... although I do get where it came from, considering that racism was rampant in this country for so long but at some point you've got to move on

Having said that, I'm sure there are, sadly, still cases out there where the lack of diversity is based on racism and those should be dealt with severely, if that is indeed the case.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

1 minute ago, sloan1919 said:

My point was about race. 

Then just say that you're a racist and we can all move on. 

23 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I would see zero problem if Sanders did that. I simply disagree that every group in society needs to be perfectly representative of demographics at all time.  Your focus is clearly not where it needs to be. 

On a rarely talked about aspect of that issue, maybe there is a chance of synergy with people of similar cultures? On the flip side, maybe it leads to comfortability which can be negative. I don't actually know the answer here, but neither do you. 

At the end of the day, society is trying to get rid itself of actual racism. And when you complain every time a group is not a direct representation of demographics, it honestly makes race relations worse. People start conflating actual racism with this type of micro management. 

You are missing my point and making another. I never said anything about racism just that having an all white staff may make it difficult to recruit POC. Think of it another way, if you were a black student getting recruited by an organization. One org has people that look like you in leadership roles, the other does not. Assume all else is equal which are you going to want to work for? Not that you want to work for people that look like you, just that you may think (right or wrong) that the one that is all white won’t promote you.

Edited by sloan1919

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 minute ago, sloan1919 said:

You are missing my point and making another. I never said anything about racism just that having an all white staff may make it difficult to recruit POC. Think of it another way, if you were a black student getting recruited by an organization. One org has people that look like you in leadership roles, the other does not. Assume all else is equal which are you going to want to work for? Not that you want to work for people that look like you, just that you may think (right or wrong) that the one that is does not won’t promote you.

If they can't see how diverse USF has been over the last 15 years, we don't need them here judging our current staff based on their race. They can go to another school. If they want to win football games, we want them here. 

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're speaking for all parents and donors now? I'm sure there are plenty out there who have evolved and not noticing stuff like this. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is just plain wrong and counter productive ....... although I do get where it came from, considering that racism was rampant in this country for so long but at some point you've got to move on

Having said that, I'm sure there are, sadly, still cases out there where the lack of diversity is based on racism and those should be dealt with severely, if that is indeed the case.

It is the case. Do you really think it is over? Wish I could live in your world. 

That is besides the point. I don’t know Alex G or any of his team. I simply know what has been announced. As of this moment (may change in the future), his staff is all white men.