• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

He wasn't kidding (re: recruiting)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Christmas Wet Bandits GIF by Home Alone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

30 minutes ago, bulloni said:

A legit P5 player.

That's a great pick up. On the espn website he is our highest ranked recruit with a 78 score. I think that looks to only hs recruits.

2023 Recruits

NAME POS STATUS GRADE
Jarvis Lee CB Committed 78
Jaylen Johnson RB Committed 76
Stantavious Smith DT Committed 74
Timothy Lawrence OT Committed 74
Tawfiq Byard S Committed 73

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I know it's comparing apples and oranges as far as the scenario goes, but this hot streak since the weekend makes me wonder exactly what CJS was doing all this time. Is it just because it's a new guy with recruits he was on at Tennessee? Is he that much better at recruiting? I understand we lost a couple guys that CJS was after but I feel like we've seen 1000% more on the recruiting front in two weeks than we've seen since last signing day.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I know it's comparing apples and oranges as far as the scenario goes, but this hot streak since the weekend makes me wonder exactly what CJS was doing all this time. Is it just because it's a new guy with recruits he was on at Tennessee? Is he that much better at recruiting? I understand we lost a couple guys that CJS was after but I feel like we've seen 1000% more on the recruiting front in two weeks than we've seen since last signing day.

I don't think recruiting was Scott's downfall since in the last several years he was able to bring in highly rated recruits  ( Bohanon, Brown, Battie, Horn,..). His problem was coaching.

However, its verry impressive what Coach Golesh was able to do in the last week, especially considering we won 4 games in the last 3 years.

Hopefully he will much better in coaching then Scott. I think he will be!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

This IMG kid would have been the 3rd highest HS recruit of Scott’s tenure

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, belgianbull said:

I don't think recruiting was Scott's downfall since in the last several years he was able to bring in highly rated recruits  ( Bohanon, Brown, Battie, Horn,..). His problem was coaching.

However, its verry impressive what Coach Golesh was able to do in the last week, especially considering we won 4 games in the last 3 years.

Hopefully he will much better in coaching then Scott. I think he will be!

Offensive recruiting has certainly been fine. The offense has definitely been buoyed by the OL (which I think almost entirely pre-dates CJS). But defensive recruiting has been ehhhhh for a few years (which I think was also an issue before he got here TBF).

But this year specifically, it just hasn't seemed very ... exciting recruiting wise. And some of that I think we all wrote off as it being a smaller year class size-wise. But it just feels like there's a different energy around Goach.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

46 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Ah ****, here I go thinking we can upset Bama again.

Let's do it!  team BB...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Appeare our overall class Ranking appears was sub 100 with Scott for this year and is now atleast 90 now per Bulls 247...so appears class has improved since CAG announced HC. 

I guess it could have improved with Scott also after end of year but a much tougher sell for a bad year 3 coach about to lose job.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Coach Golesh is 100 times better the recruiter than Coach Jeff Scott. Coach Golesh seems to have the drive and energy to be a success! Coach Scott just always seemed lazy in recruiting and each year I heard the excuse that he was bringing in a small class (for whatever reason).

Coach Golesh has hit the ground running and to get a commit from Jarvis Lee at IMG Academy is outstanding. I am amazed at how many good recruits he got to visit USF in his short time here at USF. Have we ever received a commitment from an IMG recruit?

Very impressive start to Coach Golesh's tenure here at USF!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  222
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Coach Golesh is 100 times better the recruiter than Coach Jeff Scott. Coach Golesh seems to have the drive and energy to be a success! Coach Scott just always seemed lazy in recruiting and each year I heard the excuse that he was bringing in a small class (for whatever reason).

Coach Golesh has hit the ground running and to get a commit from Jarvis Lee at IMG Academy is outstanding. I am amazed at how many good recruits he got to visit USF in his short time here at USF. Have we ever received a commitment from an IMG recruit?

Very impressive start to Coach Golesh's tenure here at USF!

Jayden Curry is the only one I can think of. Class of 2019.