• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think we dodged a bullet here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They have an OC. Willie will probably work as an analyst. I think Taggart is burned out. If he coaches again it will be an OC, QB coach or analyst where he can finish off his career. He had great jobs, made great money and there is nothing for him to prove to anybody.  He helped WKU get on their feet. He gave USF two of their most winningest seasons. He failed at FSU and FAU, but life goes on. 

xCWT has a relationship with Deion...remember his son was initially committed to FAU.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I can't believe with $30 million earned over last 6-7 years that Willie would go be an assistant coach.  Is there no one that would take a chance on him anymore?

Willie is damaged goods for now. He has been fired at his last two stops. He has to go rebuild his reputation.  

His life would be so different if he stayed at USF one more year THEN went off to FSU. He may even still be there. The USF to Oregon to FSU in a two year period lost him a lot of credibility, especially with Florida high school coaches in recruiting which was his bread and butter. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

8 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

His life would be so different if he stayed at USF one more year THEN went off to FSU. He may even still be there. The USF to Oregon to FSU in a two year period lost him a lot of credibility, especially with Florida high school coaches in recruiting which was his bread and butter. 

Sometimes we can really ahead of ourselves.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

32 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Willie is damaged goods for now. He has been fired at his last two stops. He has to go rebuild his reputation.  

Probably so, but it seems some other school would have eventually hired him as a HC.  He closed that door too soon, IMO.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Quinton Flowers is to Willie Taggart what Teddy Bridgewater was to Charlie Strong. 

Two QB's who made their former coaches a lot of money. 

• Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

I'm not sure what is fact or fiction with Deion's coaching staff.  But it would kind of succck if WT goes to be the OC. Wasn't his whole shtick with Deion about getting his staff at Jackson State paid?  Not following closely so may be wrong and he's bring some of them with him to Colorado.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

15 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm not sure what is fact or fiction with Deion's coaching staff.  But it would kind of succck if WT goes to be the OC. Wasn't his whole shtick with Deion about getting his staff at Jackson State paid?  Not following closely so may be wrong and he's bring some of them with him to Colorado.

yup, and he already grabbed Kent State's HC as his OC and a Bama assistant as his DC. Maybe he's bringing his guys along as off the field support staff while still giving them pay raises?

Odd he'd mention that though. I think everyone would have understood him going to the P5 anyway without that excuse

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,715
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, bulloni said:

yup, and he already grabbed Kent State's HC as his OC and a Bama assistant as his DC. Maybe he's bringing his guys along as off the field support staff while still giving them pay raises?

Odd he'd mention that though. I think everyone would have understood him going to the P5 anyway without that excuse

So Willie is not going to be the OC there?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,363
  • Days Won:  5

15 minutes ago, bulloni said:

adrian grenier entourage GIF

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,496
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So Willie is not going to be the OC there?

no, I think offensive analyst....