• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

has the new coach announced any of his assistants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, TealNation said:

Hey Bulls fans! Coastal fan here.

Saw some speculation regarding Trickett coming to Coastal as OC. Also noticed he has removed his USF stuff out of his bios on his social media.

What should we expect if he were to come to the beach?

We have beaches too maaaan!!! lol I think we all on this board would like for him to stay, but if you guys get him he should be able to help things keep rolling with the loss of your coach and QB. The only issue I have is his 4th & 1 play calling. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  883
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, TealNation said:

Saw some speculation regarding Trickett coming to Coastal as OC. Also noticed he has removed his USF stuff out of his bios on his social media.

He'll probably be disappointed because he has the best beaches here in Tampa :) Guy scores points. Part of me thinks he was held back by the head coach. I think many of us enjoyed Trickett and would been happy if he was retained. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We have beaches too maaaan!!! lol I think we all on this board would like for him to stay, but if you guys get him he should be able to help things keep rolling with the loss of your coach and QB. The only issue I have is his 4th & 1 play calling. 

Agreed.  I am not sure who was responsible for taking the foot off the gas and running it up the middle 3 times to tank our final game of the season, but I would say most people here would be happy with retaining him.  That's high praise considering how badly the team did.  You have to consider how well the offense was performing compared to our near last ranked defense.  The playcalling started to open up in the UF game and I would say was fun to watch since.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

2 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

He'll probably be disappointed because he has the best beaches here in Tampa :) Guy scores points. Part of me thinks he was held back by the head coach. I think many of us enjoyed Trickett and would been happy if he was retained. 

Yep I would have been happy to keep him and get a certain defensive minded coach who lives in the Tampa Bay area and loves the Bulls that we aren't allowed to talk about anymore.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Shush Shhhh GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yep I would have been happy to keep him and get a certain defensive minded coach who lives in the Tampa Bay area and loves the Bulls that we aren't allowed to talk about anymore.  

Are you talking about THE JIM? Allowed? 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Nice little nugget, think coaching guys through a position change is always the sign of a guy who has some attention to detail. Position coach I was least worried about though as he can just tell Battie to keep doing what he's doing and look like a genius.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, TealNation said:

A good offensive coordinator that most people here were happy with and many wanted to retain.  The offense did their job this year, despite record.  For example, the last two games of year with a freshman QB, we scored 42 and 39 points and lost both games due to our horrendous defense.  You will see a lot of creative play calling with motion and misdirection, designed to get guys open and in space.  He did a good job at USF. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Thamel has the bat phone to USF 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Brad said: