• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

has the new coach announced any of his assistants

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

The good news is that many posters on the board were ecstatic when we hired Holtz, Taggart, Strong, & Scott. So hopefully the lukewarm welcome to the new hire CAG will end up being a home run hire lol

Holtz was the one I was most excited about. Biy I was wrong even though he gave us a couple of nice wins with Jim's guys.  Just to show you how great Jim was

Edited by goingbackbull
spelling

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

5 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

It better be Leavitt as DC

Sure it is, if you want to break the program in 2. Every failure CAG has will be scrutinized in light of the program founder standing next to him. You can't go halfway with CJL. Either he's the man in charge or he's not coaching. At this point we probably need to make him a program ambassador of some kind. That would still leave CAG with the opportunity to mold the program in his vision. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Sure it is, if you want to break the program in 2. Every failure CAG has will be scrutinized in light of the program founder standing next to him. You can't go halfway with CJL. Either he's the man in charge or he's not coaching. At this point we probably need to make him a program ambassador of some kind. That would still leave CAG with the opportunity to mold the program in his vision. 

Yes I agree that it would be kind of awkward lol.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

22 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

It better be Leavitt as DC

That would ease a lot of fan disappointment with not getting Deion. CAG was a pleasant surprise for me. I was just hoping it wasn’t going to be Manny Diaz. CAG, from what I’m hearing, is an intense dude that gets the most from his players. Total opposite of CJS. He’s also worked on the defensive side of the ball so that also gives me some comfort. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, tomalleniscoming said:

That would ease a lot of fan disappointment with not getting Deion. CAG was a pleasant surprise for me. I was just hoping it wasn’t going to be Manny Diaz. CAG, from what I’m hearing, is an intense dude that gets the most from his players. Total opposite of CJS. He’s also worked on the defensive side of the ball so that also gives me some comfort. 

If he's this, then we are going to be ok

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

If he's this, then we are going to be ok

Only time will tell. He can't be worse than Jeff Scott. If he wins his first game versus  WKU he accomplished as much as Scott did in three years in one game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

Holtz was the one I was most excited about. Biy I was wrong even though he gave us a couple of nice wins with Jim's guys.  Just to show you how great Jim was

Samsies, he looked so good on paper, and then he pooed all over himself...i think he still has a few timeouts left

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

If this dude is good he wont have random crap assitants....he will have a plan.

Will he? Doubt it.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

The good news is that many posters on the board were ecstatic when we hired Holtz, Taggart, Strong, & Scott. So hopefully the lukewarm welcome to the new hire CAG will end up being a home run hire lol

Holtz was a name that seemed a perfect fit. Taggart was THE up and coming coach. Strong  was an obvious hire that fell into our lap. Scott had the backing of Dabo and appeared to be a coach with a bright future. None were obvious failures AT THE TIME. All (maybe not Scott) had at some point had much success (ECU,  WKU, L’ville). Not only fans but most media had a positive outlook for the hires. Though hard to comprehend now the USF job was once considered a plum job. 

• Upvote 1