• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome Coach Golesh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, DirtyBirdEarl said:

UT fan here. No he isn't the main play caller. They did share the duties. He's a great recruiter. He's great at finding mismatches in the defense. Overall your getting a good coach. UT fans are gonna miss him. I think it's a solid hire.

So he is the only one listed as OC on your website so I assume you mean that Heupel has the ability to override/suggest play calls. That's pretty typical of any coach

Just now, Mango028 said:

Nothing shows he is a great recruiter. Nothing shows he can run an entire team

nothing shows he can turn a program around

it’s nice to say he singe handily turned Tennessee offense around but  that isnt true. He was a part of it. 

good hire? Yes for any other team. Not for 1-11 team needing someone who has shown they can clean a program up

Great hire. Better than an overpriced retread. Deion was the only hire better honestly but that wasn't going to happen. Save our donor money to put towards player salaries. That's what matters now. Not overpaying for a hot name coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

So he is the only one listed as OC on your website so I assume you mean that Heupel has the ability to override/suggest play calls. That's pretty typical of any coach

No, I mean Heupel calls plays with Goleshs input. He mainly looked for mismatches from the booth. He may have called so.e games, but from what I know, he was not the main play caller.

1 minute ago, DirtyBirdEarl said:

No, I mean Heupel calls plays with Goleshs input. He mainly looked for mismatches from the booth. He may have called so.e games, but from what I know, he was not the main play caller.

his bio on Tenn website says different.

In the last two years combined as a playcaller, including his year at UCF, Golesh’s offense is averaging a nation-best 3.06 plays per minute and 1.53 points per minute, which is third in the FBS during that span. Both of his years as an offensive coordinator have seen Golesh’s offenses finish in the FBS top 10 in scoring offense and total offense.

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

Look at deion walking colorado facilities. While we are making strides. We are very far behind.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

This guy better bring some fire and intensity. It has me concerned that he spent most of his time during game day up in the box. 

Edited by Bull Nut

Just now, Mango028 said:

Look at deion walking colorado facilities. While we are making strides. We are very far behind.

very true.

Dionne was the only name dropped that I wish we could have had over this guy.

Didn't want an expensive retread or someone connected to USF that isn't good enough.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

it’s nice to say he singe handily turned Tennessee offense around but  that isnt true. He was a part of it. 

good hire? Yes for any other team. Not for 1-11 team needing someone who has shown they can clean a program up

Dud. 

16 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

you know what's going to matter in recruiting now? Signing bonuses.Even Dionne needed to pay the players to go to JSU.

• Haha 1