• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ad kelly has lost control

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

8 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Thanks.I’m older than old Jon. With that said I’m taking a break from this board. 
All this drama and the world is coming to an end posts and fire Kelly from the same people that were pushing for him to go all out on getting Deion is just too much for this old man to take and not go postal here.

So take care everyone, we will hire someone this weekend, they’ll be better than Scott and cost us less than Deion.

Go Bulls 

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Why do people assume that MK doesn't have this covered?  If it is a coach that is still playing, of course he won't announce it earlier than when he told us he would announce.  It just requires a little patience on our part.  The rampant speculation is riling everyone up.  Let's just mellow out and enjoy the anticipation.

Yep. And while I think we would all prefer someone with head coaching experience, there are a lot of good coordinators in action this weekend. So the pool of prospects is larger than two guys.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

this coaching hire needs to be a homerun ; so I don't agree with the sentiment of relax; we will get someone better then coach Scott. Almost any coach in the country would qualify as better then Scott. We need someone who can make us relevant again in quick time, and eventually get us into a better conference.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

If MK passed on Tom Herman then there better be a darn good reason why. If FAU was able to out maneuver USF during this coaching carousel, then I'll lose all faith in Michael Kelly. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Starting to wonder (hope) if, around the time the tweet was sent out by Athletics, MK had already given up on negotiations with DS and had secured another coach.  Everything that has come out since then could either be complete speculation, intel that had already gone stale, or purposely released by the DS campaign to try to get USF back to the table.  Here's hoping anyways.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

this coaching hire needs to be a homerun ; so I don't agree with the sentiment of relax; we will get someone better then coach Scott. Almost any coach in the country would qualify as better then Scott. We need someone who can make us relevant again in quick time, and eventually get us into a better conference.

Relax or don't, how is your angst going to change anything?  Is it going to ensure that you get the coach you want?  Only you are in control of your emotions.  It's a choice.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

If MK passed on Tom Herman then there better be a darn good reason why. If FAU was able to out maneuver USF during this coaching carousel, then I'll lose all faith in Michael Kelly. 

He better have someone btter or  AD MK got played. Save the firing squad or celebrations once we know who is hired.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Outlaw said:

He better have someone btter or  AD MK got played. Save the firing squad or celebrations once we know who is hired.

Yep it ain't over yet!  When random dude #347 walks out then we can throw the tomatos.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, what scares me more than dancing with Deion is the reaction hire we make as a result of losing out on DS.  Deion was considered the "mega-ultimate splash hire" we needed.  He says "No" and now we go hire a virtual unknown and tell everyone it's a splash hire?  Or we pretend we don't need a splash hire?  At risk of public scorn, the answer isn't a guy from Carolina or the TV studio.  The answer in transitioning to greatness is right there in the Bay area.  The only other possible "splash" was JL, as spoken by many here.  I'd come out and announce right now.  MK will either re-awaken the fanbase or euthanize it within the next 48 hours.   Too dramatic? 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, what scares me more than dancing with Deion is the reaction hire we make as a result of losing out on DS.  Deion was considered the "mega-ultimate splash hire" we needed.  He says "No" and now we go hire a virtual unknown and tell everyone it's a splash hire?  Or we pretend we don't need a splash hire?  At risk of public scorn, the answer isn't a guy from Carolina or the TV studio.  The answer in transitioning to greatness is right there in the Bay area.  The only other possible "splash" was JL, as spoken by many here.  I'd come out and announce right now.  MK will either re-awaken the fanbase or euthanize it within the next 48 hours.   Too dramatic? 

Sounds about right