• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Decision Has Been Made

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I think that may be a hiccup for getting Deion on campus is Under Armour vs. Adidas. He's an UA guy and part of his deal at Jackson St. was getting them as a UA school. I personally believe this is a deal breaker for him. USF's deal with Adidas is through 2026 and I'm sure buying out of that deal would be pretty costly for us. Is that something we could afford and would we concede on that???

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, usfsig said:

One thing I think that may be a hiccup for getting Deion on campus is Under Armour vs. Adidas. He's an UA guy and part of his deal at Jackson St. was getting them as a UA school. I personally believe this is a deal breaker for him. USF's deal with Adidas is through 2026 and I'm sure buying out of that deal would be pretty costly for us. Is that something we could afford and would we concede on that???

I wonder if UA would be willing to help with our buyout?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693

1 minute ago, theman123 said:

I wonder if UA would be willing to help with our buyout?

I doubt it. I refreshed my memory with UA and our transition to Adidas. The folks over at Daily Stampede laid it all out pretty clearly when we switched. Apparently we had been with UA for 10 years and while UA had the right of first refusal, they didn't even counter Adidas's offer to us (which was pretty **** low). This shows they didn't value our brand and with the state of our revenue sports, I bet they value it even less now.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578

All this news of “we made a decision” and “we have not made a decision”, had me feeling like this:

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

Just now, usfsig said:

I doubt it. I refreshed my memory with UA and our transition to Adidas. The folks over at Daily Stampede laid it all out pretty clearly when we switched. Apparently we had been with UA for 10 years and while UA had the right of first refusal, they didn't even counter Adidas's offer to us (which was pretty **** low). This shows they didn't value our brand and with the state of our revenue sports, I bet they value it even less now.

1-2 Hurts Just A Little Bit" Photographic Print for Sale by reedspacer |  Redbubble

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

The apparel business is crazy lol.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, usfsig said:

That's Pre-Deion.  If he comes, it changes all of that

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, usfsig said:

Didn't they also back out of a couple big contracts with UCLA and Cincinnati? I thought UA was bleeding money a few years back

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Seems to know a lot for a noob 😜

Seems to know a lot for a boob ....

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806

Just now, Triple B said: