• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

If you look at his recent jobs objectively then you wouldn't say he is a coach on the rise.

I'm not looking for that!!  Why would I?  I want someone that wins now!  I've had enough of this catch lightning in a bottle with a "coach on the rise".  When you're at the bottom, the only way is to rise.  Those are a dime a dozen.  No thank you.

Give me what I know will equate to success.  It is that simple.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Brad said:

I'm not looking for that!!  Why would I?  I want someone that wins now!  I've had enough of this catch lightning in a bottle with a "coach on the rise".  When you're at the bottom, the only way is to rise.  Those are a dime a dozen.  No thank you.

Give me what I know will equate to success.  It is that simple.  

Sorry but Leavitt isn't guaranteed to succeed.

You could argue his career trajectory has bottomed out at the end here.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

Tell me is Leavitt a coach on the upward trajectory of his career?

Charlie strong has a far more impressive resume. Doesn't mean I want him back.

Generally old coaches have better resumes than young coaches.

What does that even mean? Is Saban on the upward trajectory of his career? Would you take him? How about Urban Meyer, he is currently unemployed after being fired from his last job.

Leavitt's name got tarnished by some BS that happened here, at that moment, his "upward trajectory" was done. It has nothing to do with his ability to coach. I don't know what would happen if we hired him, I don't know if we would go 11-1 or 1-11, but I have a gut feeling it would be better than 1-11. I also know that 6-6 with Leavitt is better than 7-5 with Jeff Scott 2.0 with this program because Leavitt creates interest, which creates donors, which builds the foundation to get to something better. I would be happy with Deion. Chadwell doesn't really move the needle for me. Deion and Leavitt are equal to me. There are no guarantees with anyone for on-field success, but anything is better than where we have been, so that is kind of a moot point. Those guys generate interest and that is important in the current landscape of college football. Just as important as x's and o's.

And to your point, if I was a Cinci fan, I would unequivocally want Deion over Leavitt, but I am not, I am a USF fan and Leavitt means something here that he doesn't mean anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

It's probably going to be Chadwell.

I feel bad for him already. Not only is he going to have the 'you're not CJL' crowd but also the 'you're not Deion' crowd from day one. The fact that most of his chatter has happened in the 'Deion Sanders' thread tells you everything you need to know. I sure as hell hope he brings in the best defensive coordinator and recruiter money can buy; otherwise, it's going to be a steep climb.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

12 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's all gossip, but it seems like we met the money demand, but he wants "full control" which seems vague.  I don't know if that means we are called the USF Fighting Deions or where that control ends.

I am hopeful he can have a us a great intro video :) 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Look at Greg Schiano at Rutgers and Randy Edsall at UConn. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

1 minute ago, zarnozdabull said:

It's probably going to be Chadwell.

I feel bad for him already. Not only is he going to have the 'you're not CJL' crowd but also the 'you're not Deion' crowd from day one. The fact that most of his chatter has happened in the 'Deion Sanders' thread tells you everything you need to know. I sure as hell hope he brings in the best defensive coordinator and recruiter money can buy; otherwise, it's going to be a steep climb.

If he wins, people will get excited.  If we are in year 2 talking about 2 wins, then I think the pitchforks will come out way faster and we'll have to condemn this building.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

No one is guaranteed, he is most likely to.  

I would not agree that his trajectory bottomed.  If it is a simple look at  wikipedia, I guess, if desperate, you could say back to back 8-5s after back to back 9-4s in a BCS conference (in years 9-12 of existence) was bottomed out.  And laugh.

Need to come out of the past into the present.  He would find and develop players  And win, it is what he does.  He would have support except for a few of those that have welded themselves in the "against Leavitt" corner.  Who needs them?  They've been wrong all along!

5 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

What does that even mean? Is Saban on the upward trajectory of his career? Would you take him? How about Urban Meyer, he is currently unemployed after being fired from his last job.

Leavitt's name got tarnished by some BS that happened here, at that moment, his "upward trajectory" was done. It has nothing to do with his ability to coach. I don't know what would happen if we hired him, I don't know if we would go 11-1 or 1-11, but I have a gut feeling it would be better than 1-11. I also know that 6-6 with Leavitt is better than 7-5 with Jeff Scott 2.0 with this program because Leavitt creates interest, which creates donors, which builds the foundation to get to something better. I would be happy with Deion. Chadwell doesn't really move the needle for me. Deion and Leavitt are equal to me. There are no guarantees with anyone for on-field success, but anything is better than where we have been, so that is kind of a moot point. Those guys generate interest and that is important in the current landscape of college football. Just as important as x's and o's.

And to your point, if I was a Cinci fan, I would unequivocally want Deion over Leavitt, but I am not, I am a USF fan and Leavitt means something here that he doesn't mean anywhere else.

Saban is at the peak of his career. At Alabama. A well established program. we are a different beast. So were their career trajectories.

What's important is to generate interest for the 18 year old athletes you are recruiting.

Not the older donors that are nostalgic for the past.

I appreciate what he did here. He is 66 years old. Retirement age.

Just now, Brad said:

No one is guaranteed, he is most likely to.  

I would not agree that his trajectory bottomed.  If it is a simple look at  wikipedia, I guess, if desperate, you could say back to back 8-5s after back to back 9-4s in a BCS conference (in years 9-12 of existence) was bottomed out.  And laugh.

Need to come out of the past into the present.  He would find and develop players  And win, it is what he does.  He would have support except for a few of those that have welded themselves in the "against Leavitt" corner.  Who needs them?  They've been wrong all along!

He didn't bottom out here.

He is currently unemployed. His last job was as SMU DC. Arguably the worst job of his career.

I hate how it ended but it seems like his career is over.

Nobody is clamoring for his services except the few older USF fans who are nostalgic for the past.