• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

7 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

If Kelly strikes out on both he would have to beg CJL to save his ass right?

I don't see any other way to avoid real bad backlash. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

53 minutes ago, bulloni said:

75427D47-DD9D-40F4-980E-7996416DA5CB.gif

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

I don't see any other way to avoid real bad backlash. 

I'll take it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Any offer to Chadwell would NOT be contingent on Deion accepting our job. That is not how these coaching hires work and would be unprofessional. 

I really don't want Leavitt back. He would not have the same success as he did the first time. That ship has sailed.

I am all for hiring Chadwell at this point.

It's amazing to me that people think he is a legitimate option. We should sign him to a 1 day contract and let him announce his retirement.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

This is what we would all hope. I would actually be happy if we skipped all of the drama and just went that route. BUT, there are plenty of other people out there... He could just give it to De Prado, or give another run to CWT, or hire a high school coach. I would love to think that Leavitt is the backup plan, but I suspect it will be something extremely disappointing for us.

No chance we give another run to Tags with the downturn his career has taken. He's damaged goods at this point. And I love DDP, but Kelly's gonna take a beating if we strike out on our "top" targets and end up with DDP.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

If Kelly strikes out on both he would have to beg CJL to save his ass right?

Leavitt is an unemployed 66 year old former FAU DC. I doubt USF is begging him

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Any offer to Chadwell would NOT be contingent on Deion accepting our job. That is not how these coaching hires work and would be unprofessional. 

I really don't want Leavitt back. He would not have the same success as he did the first time. That ship has sailed.

I am all for hiring Chadwell at this point.

I love how people speak in absolutes like this. What exactly makes you so certain that Leavitt would not have success? And... by some people's standards, he never actually achieved success the first time. He has continued to be a successful coach after leaving USF, not a HC, but he has been coaching pretty much non-stop and has done well. I don't buy that he "can't relate" to kids any more. Maybe his style is different, but his style is more like Saban than some others... Saban still does just fine with his crotchety personality. At the end of the day, athletes want someone who helps them achieve their maximum talent level.

Another question to ponder... has ANYONE ELSE had the success that Leavitt did the first time? So, we should automatically assume that the guy that did it, can't do it again, but someone else can?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Leavitt is an unemployed 66 year old former FAU DC. I doubt USF is begging him

You obviously have a chip that clouds your abilities.  :roflmao:

Must be an original member of the Fire Jim Leavitt crowd.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

Since this is a circus, I have random thoughts on the BTLS video that was posted earlier.

• I tapped out about 10 or 15 minutes in
  • It was posted from a show on 11/28, so the information may be outdated.  There's been opposing gossip since.
  • It was clear that the staff wasn't really up on the USF situation claiming that we don't have a good QB or any good players on the roster for example, though they could cite certain things like Willie Taggart and Jim Leavitt.  It seems to me like we have one of our best offensive lines, a future star at QB and THE RB Battie.  Even with a supposed leader at WR sitting out, we were really moving the ball when we tried.  Maybe our TE and WR situation is better than we thought once we were not relying on one person.
  • My thinking is that Bubba is always trying to find an angle to boost his signal, so he was throwing shade at USF by saying the solution is to just give Deion whatever he wants.  That's because he wants Deion to come here and hopes to get a piece of that attention.  Heavily biased take.  Nothing wrong with that.  We all have our motivations.  😀
  • That being said, he does represent the kind of "casual fan" intrigue we would suddenly capture again in the TB area.
  • Bubba is also heavily versed in the wrestling world, so he wouldn't mind playing his part of a storyline even if he knew it was all a work.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

It is amazing that this coaching has wide ranging characters such as Bubba The Love Sponge spending over 20 minutes of his show talking about it. LOL

This is a Hall of Fame topic for sure!