• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Deion Sanders

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's true. Except I'm one of the ones that heard about these discussions with him and the demands were crazy from the beginning and the original timeline I heard was yesterday  So I'm wouldn't be surprised to hear he's playing us. He'd be a great get for publicity, etc.  Like you said. Check back Sunday and we'll see.

Honestly, I'm over him. If CJL's not in play and Herman has better options, get Chadwell and start the rebuilding .......... again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

if we are doing Plan A Deion and Plan B Chadwell I think its time to move onto plan B

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Reports like the ones from Kevin O'Connell are annoying me. His 2 recent tweets:

-Deion's choosing between Colorado, Cincy and USF. 

-Then says USF offered Chadwell the job yesterday.

It can't be both. USF isn't trying to land Deion and offering the job to another person at the same time. Seems like he's throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks.

Or an offer was made to deion and he is dragging his feet. So make another offer to another coach public to see if it lights a fire under him to accept.

Chadwell would be a great consolation prize

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, ForestBull said:

Or an offer was made to deion and he is dragging his feet. So make another offer to another coach public to see if it lights a fire under him to accept.

Chadwell would be a great consolation prize

Yes, could be an intentional leak to try to pressure Deion. 

I just don't think, from his first "a decision has been made" report (which appears to be 100% incorrect) that this guy has done an adequate job of framing his reports and information. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, FatDaddyBull said:

Reports like the ones from Kevin O'Connell are annoying me. His 2 recent tweets:

-Deion's choosing between Colorado, Cincy and USF. 

-Then says USF offered Chadwell the job yesterday.

It can't be both. USF isn't trying to land Deion and offering the job to another person at the same time. Seems like he's throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks.

Exactly... Unless the offer to Chadwell was contingent on Deion turning us down... in which case, do you really want a job that you're the backup plan for?

The other option is that Deion has already turned us down, but from his side is keeping our name out there as leverage for other jobs and we have moved on. Even all the "demand" stuff... when he "settles" for less (but still a lot of) control at another school, they will feel good that they didn't get raked over the coals the way he wanted to do to us.

Only time will tell, but it is a bit annoying and brings me full circle to how colossal of an error it was to fire CJL. If we had kept him, we could be in a better conference, and probably succession planning right now instead of scrambling to find some relevance.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

So is Deion waiting to make a decision until this weekend? As in, he might VPMK jump through all these loops and money-raising just to potentially say 'nahh' and leave us high and dry - after Chadwell gets picked up by Liberty and basically all the other openings are filled? I get VPMK is trying to please the fanbase at this time, but if there isn't any formal agreement at this point, it may be time to move on asap unless CJL is for sure willing to come in otherwise.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

So is Deion waiting to make a decision until this weekend? As in, he might VPMK jump through all these loops and money-raising just to potentially say 'nahh' and leave us high and dry - after Chadwell gets picked up by Liberty and basically all the other openings are filled? I get VPMK is trying to please the fanbase at this time, but if there isn't any formal agreement at this point, it may be time to move on asap unless CJL is for sure willing to come in otherwise.

It could happen, but that means we think it is worth the risk.

9 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Exactly... Unless the offer to Chadwell was contingent on Deion turning us down... in which case, do you really want a job that you're the backup plan for?

I think people would understand that in this case though.  There are some jobs where there is an obviously way more appropriate person, but say I don't mind getting in and proving myself because I like the challenge.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

If Kelly strikes out on both he would have to beg CJL to save his ass right?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

Any offer to Chadwell would NOT be contingent on Deion accepting our job. That is not how these coaching hires work and would be unprofessional. 

I really don't want Leavitt back. He would not have the same success as he did the first time. That ship has sailed.

I am all for hiring Chadwell at this point.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

If Kelly strikes out on both he would have to beg CJL to save his ass right?

This is what we would all hope. I would actually be happy if we skipped all of the drama and just went that route. BUT, there are plenty of other people out there... He could just give it to De Prado, or give another run to CWT, or hire a high school coach. I would love to think that Leavitt is the backup plan, but I suspect it will be something extremely disappointing for us.