• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Daniel Da Prato cost USF the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

You’re 1-10 and have the ball at midfield after a turnover - you absolutely take a shot, or two. That was unbelievable. Who does that? You have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose and instead you play it safe. Ridiculous and so USF.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Pffft what a trash take.  Coaching was not great but de Prato didn’t cost us the game.  We didn’t come with sniffing distance of these wins any other time in the past three years, but with almost our entire starting lineup out we almost beat a ranked opponent at home and it’s the coaching staff’s fault?  **** off with that.  They did the best they could and put us in a position to win.  Absolutely could have made some better calls but putting it at their feet is just disrespectful.  Take the L and blame the right person—xCJS.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You’re 1-10 and have the ball at midfield after a turnover - you absolutely take a shot, or two. That was unbelievable. Who does that? You have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lose and instead you play it safe. Ridiculous and so USF.

But Dave, if we put our defense back on the field....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, NCBull said:

Pffft what a trash take.  Coaching was not great but de Prato didn’t cost us the game.  We didn’t come with sniffing distance of these wins any other time in the past three years, but with almost our entire starting lineup out we almost beat a ranked opponent at home and it’s the coaching staff’s fault?  **** off with that.  They did the best they could and put us in a position to win.  Absolutely could have made some better calls but putting it at their feet is just disrespectful.  Take the L and blame the right person—xCJS.

I believe we almost beat UCF last year and we almost beat UF this year. It was coaching too conservative in the end that cost us both. It also cost us tonight.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Must be the time difference. Thought you said bowl game next year. 

It's 0603.... Sleep depraved 😂

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

5 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I don't see a rebuild.... Add in a few players and good coaching.... We can be back in a bowl game next year

Yeah right.

USF will always screw it up.  Until you see otherwise, something will be screwed up.

I don't believe USF is any closer to turning any corners, despite tonight.s game.

I am expecting all of USF's best players to transfer out.  

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Did he cost us the game or did he put us in the position to win?

who put us down 28-0? that person probably cost us the game. 

Whatever took place prior to that point in time is irrelevant.  The most likely outcome after running Battie 3 times there is to bleed the clock down to 3 minutes with a 1 point lead.  Do we like our chances in that scenario?   No. We do not.  Playing scared is bad business.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Total rookie move. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I believe we almost beat UCF last year and we almost beat UF this year. It was coaching too conservative in the end that cost us both. It also cost us tonight.

I was on the goal line in the Bounce Hell Hole when that pass was deflected and I know **** well how close we were.  But at no point were we down by 28 and had to pull ourselves out of a hole like tonight, coaches made a difference tonight in that.  And a true freshman QB in his 2nd game.  It’s not comparable, coaching staff was in their 3rd game!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

That's how Scott coached the whole time.

Yep...so not shocking his guys were no different.