• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

31 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

I'd say we had a fair share during the CWT/Flowers days, but they're long gone now.

At this point, just announce who it is and let's move on. 

True, fair weather fans would have come back during the GOAT years. Need to find a different type for those others ............... and agree, let's hear the choice and brace for the tsunami.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3 hours ago, USFBulls12 said:

Seems like Team Meetings are announced and known/ leaked to the public when a coach plans on leaving his team. Unless he stupidly threw it in there during the pregame speech, I haven't heard of any Team Meetings being called at Coastal Carolina yet.

Players know long before there is a ream meeting.  Reminds me when my company had a series of layoffs.  Management was mad because the employees always knew when layoff day was coming.  They thought all the employees were stupid.  College players are not stupid.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

I feel like bringing a former Bull into coach SHOULD fire the fan base up. Shoot I'd love it. We just need someone to Shepard us into the next chapter and make a bowl game, and I feel these guys could do it. No one would appreciate what a stadium and dominating the conference would mean to this program like MB or LS. And they're no less likely to do that than our previous home run hires. 

Nothing he has done as a coach says he can do it. We are not trying to be high school harry here and bring former player/coach. We need someone who demands winning. Every coach nowadays brings the player experience but they don’t all win. Saban is tough coach and guys love him…we need someone who has proven they can win anywhere they weere. Larry scott isnt that guy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536

5 hours ago, MSBulls said:

Sounds like they're confident Chadwell is going to accept something today with us. If so, that's another Carolina based guy. Hope he can recruit down here. Great success and offense at Coastal, he better be able to recruit here

This would be great news. Who cares if he lost his last game. He wins waaaaay more than we do. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,407
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Mango028 said:

This would be great news. Who cares if he lost his last game. He wins waaaaay more than we do. 

Lol who doesn’t win more that USF?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Mango028 said:

Nothing he has done as a coach says he can do it. We are not trying to be high school harry here and bring former player/coach. We need someone who demands winning. 

I would have been okay with Larry Scott instead of Jeff Scott back in 2019.  But right now I agree we can't get someone who *might* work out.  We need the turnaround to start next year...this can't be another 'wait a few years while the coach who has never been at this level learns'.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

I'm beginning to think no coach announce tomorrow 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Mango028 said:

Because he had his Quinton Flowers.  Take that away and he gets blown out.

Coastal Carolina won because of Grayson McCall.  We won in 2016/17 because of Quinton Flowers.

Once these one of a kind talents are gone, it's unbelievable, teams don't win as much.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

I also feel like we would have something substantive to go on by now if there have been plans for an announcement 12 hours from now scheduled for the past 24 hours.