• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

6 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

We seem to think we don't deserve nice things. Larry Scott may end up being amazing but he has shown no proclivity for that to this point so why not continue to let him grow as a coach? 

He can continue that at Howard. We need someone who’s either going to bring excitement back to the program or a proven winner. Scott brings neither of those 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Rex Havoc said:

He can continue that at Howard. We need someone who’s either going to bring excitement back to the program or a proven winner. Scott brings neither of those 

I agree with you. Luckily, every coach brings what Larry Scott brings at this point: hope and a wait-and-see attitude. We need someone with the extras like you saidexcitement and a proven winner.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  12

I feel like bringing a former Bull into coach SHOULD fire the fan base up. Shoot I'd love it. We just need someone to Shepard us into the next chapter and make a bowl game, and I feel these guys could do it. No one would appreciate what a stadium and dominating the conference would mean to this program like MB or LS. And they're no less likely to do that than our previous home run hires. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I feel like bringing a former Bull into coach SHOULD fire the fan base up. Shoot I'd love it. We just need someone to Shepard us into the next chapter and make a bowl game, and I feel these guys could do it. No one would appreciate what a stadium and dominating the conference would mean to this program like MB or LS. And they're no less likely to do that than our previous home run hires. 

Sounds good 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I was a huge fan of MB as a player so I'd happily have him back. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

A lot of people in this forum are Bulls Football Originalists and need to realize that what you care about isn't what the common fan cares about. Hiring a former Bull doesn't bring any excitement, outside of the Originalists, to anyone if the team doesn't win. We can hire the European football version of Ted Lasso and he'd be a great hire if he wins. When it comes down to it, who cares if he was ever on the Bulls team or associated with them in any way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

A lot of people in this forum are Bulls Football Originalists and need to realize that what you care about isn't what the common fan cares about. Hiring a former Bull doesn't bring any excitement, outside of the Originalists, to anyone if the team doesn't win. We can hire the European football version of Ted Lasso and he'd be a great hire if he wins. When it comes down to it, who cares if he was ever on the Bulls team or associated with them in any way.

Blasphemy! CJL wrote the book on how to be successful at USF, the feelings of fair weather fans are the least of our concerns.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Blasphemy! CJL wrote the book on how to be successful at USF, the feelings of fair weather fans are the least of our concerns.

Right now we have 0 fair weather fans.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

8 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

3 minutes ago, chrisdashley said:

Right now we have 0 fair weather fans.

Exactly, the fair weather fans left with CJL .....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Exactly, the fair weather fans left with CJL .....

I'd say we had a fair share during the CWT/Flowers days, but they're long gone now.

At this point, just announce who it is and let's move on.