• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else feel like it’s Christmas Eve?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Well, yeah.  

I didn't mention this before, but now that you identified as a youngster... Leavitt always thought we'd find a rival in the Top 3, probably Miami because of the UF-FSU bond.  So, a lot of the old guys know and remember that.  Would have been nice.  There was no intention in the first 13 years of the program to settle in with UCF or whatever else was going on in Florida outside of big time football.  

Now that we have sunk so low, sure it makes sense.  Our students that value the "rivalry" probably would have stormed the field tonight and old guys like Trip would have thrown up on them.  :roflmao:

just a different perspective.  What we've become greatly influences what we accept.

Please, I remember too well the first “War” on I-4 shellacking, was in the stands to ho-hum for that one and the next three, no doubt with you and all the oldsters.  I watched the tazers in the Louisville upset and felt the ride to #2 and sucked the air when West Virginia came to RayJay and Ben Moffitt etched our short term destiny there.  I have no entitlement to our “place” in college football, and not only know about but stood within the fabled trailer and shook our greatest coach’s hand while he clapped me on the back.  I knew with him that we were ready for a top 3 rival.  Well, we were all wrong.  So take your assumptions and mail them care of old guy shouting at the clouds on Fowler Avenue trailer pad.  I don’t give a **** about proving myself but label me as one of the newer old guys, ya geezer.

And the take of UCF being our current rival is valid.  Whether you like it or not.  Again, the players have the receipts here, more so than us fans. If you were paying attention to to them you’d see it clearly.  Without them, we’ll be less relevant and less exciting.  That’s not good, period.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

Thank god we are threw with them. Dirty players dirty program and fans. If it weren’t for the refs we would have spoiled their conference hopes. Confrence is just trying to make money keeping the ranked team in

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

He knew the crowd he wanted to be in.  You understand that?  He also liked beating Top 25 teams, not pinning a season on a "rival".  I love your transparency,

I believe the answer you are dancing around is yes.  He just didn't want it to be ucf .... either did anyone else but Judy killed that momentum so we are where we are. 

Maybe we get that ACC invite in the next couple of years and the Jim along with the rest of us get our wish for a Miami - USF rivalry to be added to that list but for now we have FAU or Rice or Tulsa maybe Jacksonville?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Or Charlotte....a lot of Sun Belt connections there.....

Not dancing.  When someone says what is "the game", it could be a rival, or like this year it could be playing Florida.  Florida was "the game" for me.  Like I said, you can be you.  We don't all have to be.  I'd still be celebrating a Florida victory, likely.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

9 hours ago, Brad said:

Or Charlotte....a lot of Sun Belt connections there.....

Not dancing.  When someone says what is "the game", it could be a rival, or like this year it could be playing Florida.  Florida was "the game" for me.  Like I said, you can be you.  We don't all have to be.  I'd still be celebrating a Florida victory, likely.

Charlotte will always be UNC-C to me lol. Also UAB will always be UAFNB  to me thanks to Coach Murray Bartow. Cheers to the our new & old rivals 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

17 hours ago, michibull said:

Yeah, for sure, I agree with you 💯. When I started at USF we were in CUSA and I didn’t even care. I don’t measure us against anyone other than how we, ourselves did last year. I hate that this “rivalry” was forced on us. It is a chance for us to reset and start fresh. I think the OCS will really help us and our students to reconnect. My response was more toward the idea that it’s a win that we don’t have to play UCF anymore. I can admit that there are a few different layers to this situation. 

Agreed. There are definitely layers to this situation, with some wins and some losses ...... As far as the rivalry being forced on us, it was bound to happen at some point but I hated that it went from an Internet meme to an actual rivalry where we had tons more exposure to those *********. I love your "reset and start fresh" thought process .... although still have to get through a YC infestation in January.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

14 hours ago, NCBull said:

Too old, too disaffected.  And way too blasé about what matters to this university and football team.  Look at the players, it matters to them and it matters for us.  Why can’t you see that?

What matters to this university and football team should never, ever be dependent upon another program. The rivalry was "fun" for some for awhile, our teams seemed to respond, but it's ******* over. You move forward instead of looking backward and moping....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

michibull was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

44 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What matters to this university and football team should never, ever be dependent upon another program. The rivalry was "fun" for some for awhile, our teams seemed to respond, but it's ******* over. You move forward instead of looking backward and moping....

Spot on. I can tell you that Maryland doesn’t think about West Virginia (football) Duke or North Carolina (basketball) anymore, West Virginia could care less what Pittsburgh does. This is a new era in college football where rivalries mean nothing other than money, which is why USF and UCF were forced together. We need to focus on our own personal goals and focus on that. Every other school that exists means should mean nothing to us, just another opponent to beat. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137

26 minutes ago, michibull said:

Spot on. I can tell you that Maryland doesn’t think about West Virginia (football) Duke or North Carolina (basketball) anymore, West Virginia could care less what Pittsburgh does. This is a new era in college football where rivalries mean nothing other than money, which is why USF and UCF were forced together. We need to focus on our own personal goals and focus on that. Every other school that exists means should mean nothing to us, just another opponent to beat. 

I can tell you from experience that the students at West Virginia still have a hatred for Pittsburgh, and Maryland fans want nothing more than to play Duke and Carolina in basketball. The administrations may not, which if that is your point that is fair. However, fans will always crave that rivalry experience in all sports. I do however agree with Triple B's post that you are responding to that we cannot be dependent upon another program.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

We found success without them and made a power conference. We failed in a conference with them. We need to find our own path to success and earn a power conference invite without them. If they want to revisit renewing the rivalry in the future... okay fine. But for now we need to focus on finding the next coach that can win at USF. We cannot afford a coach that can't go .500 in the new AAC in year one.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1