• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else feel like it’s Christmas Eve?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I guess I kind of understand this thought process, to a degree, but if we're going to the playoffs on a regular basis, I really don't give a flying **** what conference we're in because it means we're consistently good and that's what's pertinent to me. Would I prefer to be in the Big 12 rather than the AAC .... absolutely .... but I'm not heartbroken about it and I'm certainly not heartbroken that they're going, especially when it means, hopefully, we're done playing them for awhile ... so yeah, there is something good about today, and 1/21/2023, for me anyway.

I'm into USF football and basketball for USF football and basketball, not who/where they're playing .....

Yeah, for sure, I agree with you 💯. When I started at USF we were in CUSA and I didn’t even care. I don’t measure us against anyone other than how we, ourselves did last year. I hate that this “rivalry” was forced on us. It is a chance for us to reset and start fresh. I think the OCS will really help us and our students to reconnect. My response was more toward the idea that it’s a win that we don’t have to play UCF anymore. I can admit that there are a few different layers to this situation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

If I had one holiday wish...

steve martin snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

@Brad  Would you care to weigh in again about how this isn’t a real rivalry?  Because that take is flat out trash.  No way our fans and players get fired up like this for a season ending contest against Rice or FAU.  No way any loss cuts like this if it isn’t meaningful in an otherwise relatively meaningless 1-11 season.  No way I scream in my bathroom that we barely missed out on tying the series up on our last go and crushing UCF’s championship hopes all in one (and I’m not the only one).  And NO WAY do current USF fans believe this is just another loss, ho him and moving on.  **** that take because **** UCF

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

It's just a game!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, NCBull said:

No way our fans and players get fired up like this for a season ending contest against Rice or FAU.

You mean the fans that were there?  Mostly red seats.  You'd expect to see the 67,000 out there, wouldn't you?

Look, hopefully they are gone. And the powers that be will select another rival, likely FAU.  

Again, if I hadn't been around when rivalries were being built against WVU, UL and even Rutgers (I'd take a win over them 14 years ago, over a win over UCF today), this hand up to UCF would have been a fun little thing, but it was stupid and they had nothing to justify it.  What makes it so great now is they have been better than us since the Leavitt days and it at least makes it intriguing trying to understand how a team once so bad is shredding a team once so good.  We own part of that disaster, more than one-half.

7 minutes ago, NCBull said:

No way I scream in my bathroom that we barely missed out on tying the series up on our last go and crushing UCF’s championship hopes all in one (and I’m not the only one).  And NO WAY do current USF fans believe this is just another loss, ho him and moving on.  **** that take because **** UCF

I felt none of that, unfortunately.  A win over them would have put us at 2-10?  Not enough.  

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I agree with you and most of the others are simply butt hurt and therefore rationalizing trying to find a silver lining in this pathetic situation we have found ourselves in.  We have been relegated to play with a bunch of irrelevant teams that are better than us, not sure which part hurts the most.  

bruh, the Big XII is ass.

is it better than the AAC?

sure. it’s technically a “P5” conference… in the same way the post-Miami/VTech Big East was technically a BCS conference.

but just like the USF-era Big East was the redheaded stepchild of “Power Conference” football, the Big XII after Oklahoma & Texas leave will be the ginger stepchild of “Power Conference” football with the Pac-12 not too far behind.

when Baylor is your best school & Saturdays are filled with the familiar sight of Cincinnati playing Houston, Big XII football will be worthless as anything more than a stepping stone.

it already pretty much is. no Big XII team has won a championship since Texas in 2005 (remember when TAMU & Mizzou were in the conference?)

no Big XII team has even made a championship game in nearly a decade & a half.

the only conferences that matter are the SEC, the SEC, the SEC, the BIG10 & a few of the Southeastern schools in the ACC.

the rest is just a layercake of ****. so what if the Big XII is a layer or two above the AAC in that shitcake?

its still no closer to the SEC, which is all that will matter in the end.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I felt none of that, unfortunately.  A win over them would have put us at 2-10?  Not enough.  

Too old, too disaffected.  And way too blasé about what matters to this university and football team.  Look at the players, it matters to them and it matters for us.  Why can’t you see that?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

bruh, the Big XII is ass.

is it better than the AAC?

Way better.

4 minutes ago, NCBull said:

Too old, too disaffected.  And way too blasé about what matters to this university and football team.  Look at the players, it matters to them and it matters for us.  Why can’t you see that?

Thanks for the insults to a guy donating since 1994 and buying basketball/football tickets accordingly.

Every game should matter to the players.  Just like every game matters to the old folks.  I guess the "hate week" of a "rivalry" game appeals to the youngsters?  Gotta love that hate.  Social media bonus I guess.