• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

If you are asking who I would hire, I think it is pretty clear.  It would be Leavitt, and it would be much like others that have thought it through realize in terms of how that could play out over the next 3-5 years and how much it could benefit this struggling program.   There is too much positive, energy, excitement to even consider a blase Tom Herman or some other unconnected dude.  If nothing else, we've proven hiring coaches is a crapshoot (at least for us).  Why roll the dice?  Go with what you know.  They'll be detractors, as there are in anything, but no one can rev up this region, this state like Leavitt could.  It's too simple.

Even Brad has converted to Leavittism! Peace Be Upon Him!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

again take usf out of any of those associations and nobody likes any of them

Except the Dolphins - who obviously hired McKenzie, no USF connection, and still they hired him. weird. I get the sentiment that maybe he isn't ready to be DC, I can live with that, but the guy hasn't been unemployed since he started coaching as far as I can tell, so he must be doing something right.

And the 49ers who have talked to Gore about joining the organization...

We know Gore wants to continue his football career because he told Bally Sports back in April. “I’m also going to sit down with my agent to talk about me working in the front office. I love evaluating talent, and I love ball,” Gore said. “And they know that I know football players — what it’s supposed to take to be a football player.”

“Frank is somebody I’ve always stayed close with, even after he left for Indy,” 49ers CEO Jed York said in April. “I would love to have Frank help us. I know his passion for the game, his eye for talent.”

And forget about all of that, my main point was now that Leavitt has been away, coached in the NFL, at Colorado, Oregon, FSU, FAU, and SMU, the guy has made more contacts and probably has a lot to draw on from those relationships. I would trust the guy that turned a 2-star center into an All-American DE or a nobody QB into an NFL safety to put the pieces in the right place to succeed.

Edited by Orlando Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

Except the Dolphins - who obviously hired McKenzie, no USF connection, and still they hired him. weird. I get the sentiment that maybe he isn't ready to be DC, I can live with that, but the guy hasn't been unemployed since he started coaching as far as I can tell, so he must be doing something right.

And the 49ers who have talked to Gore about joining the organization...

as an outside linebackers coach.

he didn't coach last year after he was let go from Detroit.

Gore- in the front office. not as a coach

again if we hired say the inside linebackers coach from the chargers as DC and a former RB with no experience off the streets as a coach people on here would flip out.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

converted

Converted? 

Don't be silly.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Converted? 

Don't be silly.

Someone hasn't been paying attention.  🙂

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Converted? 

Don't be silly.

You’ve always been a Leavittite, no one can reject the call of CJL.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

as an outside linebackers coach.

he didn't coach last year after he was let go from Detroit.

Gore- in the front office. not as a coach

Except he did...

Prior to joining the Dolphins, McKenzie spent the 2021 season with the Indianapolis Colts as a coaching fellow.

On Gore, I see your point, there is no room for someone who can evaluate talent at the college level. I stand corrected. I did edit my previous post, maybe while you were replying, but you're diving in on specific names when the larger point still remains.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

35 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Even Brad has converted to Leavittism! Peace Be Upon Him!

Qnci.gif

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

Except he did...

On Gore, I see your point, there is no room for someone who can evaluate talent at the college level. I stand corrected. I did edit my previous post, maybe while you were replying, but you're diving in on specific names when the larger point still remains.

what's a coaching fellow? not sure that's an actual coaching position.

we are not some podunk program that needs to hire inexperienced former players just because you people think they wouldn't leave.

I'd rather hire qualified candidates

not saying these guys wouldn't make good coaches some day but they dont have the experience we need to turn this around.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

Why don't we bring back to the RayJay menu the original black and white cookie of Tampa Bay?  That way we would have the ying and yang of football temperaments to balance things out.  We might never score but we should have a good defense.

Bring Jim Leavitt back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Facebook