• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I would applaud Jim’s return. It ain’t happening. Get ready for heartbreak. Everyone who wants to blame Judy Genshaft for the original firing should consider this: The woman is one of the university’s top 3-4 donors. Gonna risk that to bring Jim back?

A legitimate point, one of the few beyond "his time is past" that I've seen. She still comes to athletic events too. 

And well...yes. Yes I would. I have no end of respect for how she boosted the school academically. But she despised athletics and wilfully let woolard tank it into the ground. And let's not pretend that she was entirely perfect. Her management of the branch campuses was poor and allowed JD Alexander to create the circumstances for the biggest corruption boondoggle I've ever seen in the state of Florida with USF Poly. Is she going to write the ocs check? Or heck, the CJS buyout check? If so then fine. But otherwise, it is beyond past time to fix the mess she made with usf athletics. Do that and I guarantee this university will take its next huge step forward. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

But i totally get it is a pipe dream…..my only thing holding me to it is how desperate we as a fanbase have become for any kind of fire

I can hit up a coffee shop and a smart shop on my way out of Amsterdam this morning, I may lose global entry but if you think it will help it’s worth a shot…

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'll give you 1000:1 odds xCJL isn't the next head coach. How much are you putting up against me?

10 bucks

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It's the obvious choice ..

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

You clowns calling for Leavitt are like dudes who still pine away for that girl in high school who got away.   Just because you lost your virginity to her it does not mean that she is still the one.  You recently divorced from your current wife because she is a lazy slob who spent all your money and did nothing around the house.   She even let your kids run wild and somehow you got custody of them.   If you really look into that girl from high school you will find that her social media and dating profiles are still using pictures from her 20's with heavy filtering.   Get past that and you find that she has been unemployed for years and is running an OnlyFans page to make ends meet.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, hightechbull said:

You clowns calling for Leavitt are like dudes who still pine away for that girl in high school who got away. 

Simps for Leavitt?

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

In 2022, after the evidence of the alternative, this is ridiculous. Every coach we have had since Leavitt has had more resources and done less with it. I think Skip got like 50% more money for assistants. CJL was recruiting 2 start centers and QBs and turning them into all American DEs and NFL safeties. The team didn't have depth, couldn't compete in recruiting as a baby in the college football world. He started winning some recruiting battles right before he was fired, he was actually building that depth. 

USF was instant gratification central before it was cool. Some of you thought that 10 years of being in existence and 3 years in a power conference were enough to just be legitimate contenders on auto pilot, but even after seeing the destruction of that, this "point" still comes up on this board. I maintain that 2009 was our year to do some crazy stuff with Grothe as a senior, JPP, and a system in place that was successful the previous 2 years. Grothes injury probably changed the course of the program. 

Leavitt had a top 30 recruiting class in 2009, he was finally getting solid talent in, and we gave up on the progress. 

I would say Willie Taggert did very well for himself.   He had a 6 - 2 and a 7 -1 conference record in his last two years as USF's head coach. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, hightechbull said:

I would say Willie Taggert did very well for himself.   He had a 6 - 2 and a 7 -1 conference record in his last two years as USF's head coach. 

He was .500 overall and left before he could really shown usf if he could coach without flowers , Mack, mcs, and the  stud recruiting class. He has struggled since but he got paid a lot.  I don't blame him for taking the  money and big gigs while he could. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, hightechbull said:

He played a clown schedule by comparison his greatest victory was temple, funny enough the same best victory As the guy that just got fired 

• Upvote 2