• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't give up - we are close

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Unless Selvie, JPP, Mike Jenkins, Ben Moffitt, and Nate Allen found the fountain of youth and more eligibility, the talent on defense is so poor that we should not hold our breaths the rest of this season. 

CJS needs to overhaul the talent on defense this off season with everything he has.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The likelihood of that happening is slim to none and we would be going bowling. I like it but isn't happening.

If team goes 3-2 in the last five that would be awesome 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, lotsofbull99 said:

If team goes 3-2 in the last five that would be awesome 

That would be double last year 🤔

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, OhioBull said:

I think in the next couple of games it is going to happen.  Maybe I'm delusional, but I truly believe that.

If we could get even one win I think it would change the narrative.  That's why it is a bummer that we can't get over the hump every week.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If we could get even one win I think it would change the narrative.  That's why it is a bummer that we can't get over the hump every week.

If I get one win on thr powerball it will change the narrative as well. We need something to break the stench  of losing off of Jeff Scott. Maybe he should try some new deodorant and cologne. Nothing else seems to be working.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

I guess. I mean we are still showing up here so does that count for not giving up?

The team looks much better and the games have been more exciting for sure. Maybe some guys coming back after the bye gets us over the hump. Houston eats us alive though so I'm not expecting a W there.

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/football/opponent-history/university-of-houston/251

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

The likelihood of that happening is slim to none and we would be going bowling. I like it but isn't happening.

How is the likelihood slim?

So far -

• 3pt loss to UF
  • 4 pt loss to Cincy
  • If GB stayed in the game, we could have beat Tulane.
  • We should have 4 wins by now, but bad luck, bad calls by the refs, injuries and bad coaching calls have hurt us. 
  • Our defense is getting plenty of sacks and TFLs. 
  • Our Offensive line is giving less than 1 sack per game. (6 sacks in 7  games)
  • Our offense is scoring against pretty good defenses. 

The only thing I lack faith in at this point is our coaches. Especially Shoop. Too many DE's playing DT this year i my eyes. 

OPPONENT

vs BYU L 21-50
vs Howard W 42-20
at Florida L 28-31
at Louisville L 41-3
vs East Carolina L 28-48
at Cincinnati L 24-28
vs Tulane L 31-45
Houston – No Defense. Teams are averaging 30+ against them W  
Temple – No Defense or Offense. Our best opportunity for another win. W  
SMU – No Defense. Teams scoring 40+ against them as well W  
Tulsa – No Defense, lost to Wyoming, barely beat Northern Illinois and Navy put up 50+ against them. W  
UCF – Good offense and Defense. At this point, we should be running on all cylinders W  

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Is my memory failing me or was Roberts not roasted on this board when he was here? As far as the staff being held accountable for them leaving, they're pretty much getting slammed for everything. Is there really a need to get into minutiae like that? Who knows why those players left to begin with and if the staff even had a chance of stopping them ...

Roberts had attitude issues, Sanders did not get a chance here - just casted off.  I think the problem is this fan base slamming them for everything.  I totally understand GB going down and taking losses if the backup is not as good.  The problem that we have as a fanbase is the maniacal anger across the board. Instead of Screaming for CJS the press should be asking him why there is one side, or even more specifically group that has totally failed to progress during his tenure?  What is being done to rectify that?  Why would a player like Sanders who by all accounts was a good kid and played well here choose to go to NV when he is a "Bay Made" guy?

I agree that we are close, and still invested in this program, but it seems like Scott is 3-4 steps behind on personnel decisions- both player personnel and definitely on the coaching personnel side. How can he sell building a culture, if he cant bring in, retain, and develop his players? Making a change at DB coach or even DC during the off week would send a strong message to the team and fans that these results are not USF worthy.  Letting this simmer to the offseason will only result in losing talent and fans. 

I am worried that the Injured players excuse is being accepted way too easily by everyone.   The offense has lost a starting OL, their projected top 2 RB, and 2-3 of their top 6 WR's- Trickett and Co has found a way to make it work.  The defensive side has injuries and lack of depth up front- but somehow they are not a glaring weakness.  The DB's are just bad, and its probably not the players that are bad, they are not being coached up and put in a position to be successful.  Scott's patience with these coaches- Shoop (DC and Safties) and Barlow (CB for past two seasons) will kill this programs potential and all progress he has made. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

I guess. I mean we are still showing up here so does that count for not giving up?

The team looks much better and the games have been more exciting for sure. Maybe some guys coming back after the bye gets us over the hump. Houston eats us alive though so I'm not expecting a W there.

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/football/opponent-history/university-of-houston/251

What makes you think Houston eats us alive? So far EVERYBODY they have faced has scored 30 or more pts on them besides Rice. Look at Tulane's defense. They are holding their opponents to ONLY 15 pts per game and we score 31 on them with a back up QB playing the entire 2nd half. We have the ability to win more games, we just need to put it all together and figure out how to win. 

image.png.e8f6dae72124c2a90c08ce286255457e.png

image.png.79f1279906bb36fe8775e7740e828625.png

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

Their qb is going to pass all over us.