• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

Felt what way?   That it was annoying that certain people came on here and regurgitated the same nonsense daily in multiple threads?  Pretty sure there were many that felt that way.   Very few disagree with the poor job being done by the coaching staff, but we don't need to read about it over and over in every thread

Instead we should talk about progress and the moral victories like Jeff. This program deserves to be at the bottom of the barrel of college football with the “yes we are unhappy with the losing but let’s talk about the progress we saw” fans/administration/coaching. Best is the standard!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, USFbulls24 said:

Best is the standard!

Yeah so you get that, right? 

Best is the standard doesn't mean the standard is beating Alabama ten consecutive times.

It means be the BEST you can be. 

Think on that for a little while.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Just now, Brad said:

Yeah so you get that, right? 

Best is the standard doesn't mean the standard is beating Alabama ten consecutive times.

It means be the BEST you can be. 

Think on that for a little while.

Am I not allowed to mock his motto? You feel the need to go into the exact meaning of that phrase because of that comment? If this is Jeff Scott being the best he can be Michael Kelly should follow him out the door for sticking with him.  

Well, I just think people should have a chance know what they are talking about!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

8 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Yet you come here and state as such repeatedly.  He's required to attend these press conferences.  Not sure what you guys want him to say

Are you a relative? Sheesh. We are a message board, that’s what we do here!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

51 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Are you a relative? Sheesh. We are a message board, that’s what we do here!

A very vocal and repetitive few do that, yes.  While unfortunately we find these people on many message boards, it's not a characteristic of message boards per se but of the few posters to whom you are referring.

Some posters are:

1. Black and White in their approach - it's either perfection, or failure.  There is no "improvement", only Ws and Ls.  I worry for the mental health of their children.
  2. Severe Graders - over-critical and loathe to accept any "reason" and call it an "excuse".  You know these people.  They issue severe standards for others, knowing that these standards will never apply to them. Characteristic of these posters is accusing any opposition of having inferior standards to the OP.  That way, one looks like they win when they lose the exchange.
  3. Suffering from Attention Deficit - they need the spotlight and are willing to take controversial stands in order to get it.  Don't try to shoot down their controversial (and sometimes illogical or unreasonable) position.  That makes them real angry to be cut off from the attention.  They also employ endless repetition in order to ensure maximum exposure.  A subcategory is comprised of the "I told you all a hundred times..." reminders.

These are some of the characteristics of a minority of people who post.  Not intrinsic characteristics of message boards.  It doesn't have to be that way.  People make boards the way that they are, not the opposite.

Edited by Grateful Dad
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I get a bit emotional living and breathing USF football. When USF plays like they have for the MAJOR portion of CJS's tenure, unprepared and looking lost, I am 99% on the fire Jeff Scott bandwagon. When they play like they have in TWO games I want to believe that this could be "turning the corner." If they come out and play like they did vs UF and Cincy, GO BULLS! If they come out and play like they have in every other game for 2 1/2 yrs something has to change. 

I will say that yesterday is the first time I can remember several jock rockers by the defense, so maybe that's an improvement. Not saying the defense played well, but at least they got in a few shots.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

29 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Not saying the defense played well, but at least they got in a few shots

Outside of a few plays they did their job. Gave of a chance to win. 

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I will say that yesterday is the first time I can remember several jock rockers by the defense, so maybe that's an improvement. Not saying the defense played well, but at least they got in a few shots.

Great observation.  I noticed the same thing and mentioned it in the game chat.  Hitting harder.  Playing tougher.  And doing it without penalties for cheap shots, late shots etc.  It's not a "moral victory", just an observation.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Brad said:

Great observation.  I noticed the same thing and mentioned it in the game chat.  Hitting harder.  Playing tougher.  And doing it without penalties for cheap shots, late shots etc.  It's not a "moral victory", just an observation.

Turning the corner it sounds. I like it.