• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Post game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

Felt what way?   That it was annoying that certain people came on here and regurgitated the same nonsense daily in multiple threads?  Pretty sure there were many that felt that way.   Very few disagree with the poor job being done by the coaching staff, but we don't need to read about it over and over in every thread

Jack Black Yes GIF

YES! 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't like losing and we lost. We played better but not good enough for a win. The call on 4th and 1 was bad and cost us a shot on winning. Very Similar to the 4th and 1 call last year we burnt a timeout just to run the exact same play.

Nobody likes losing

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It is a pretty simple word, small children understand that excuses are reasons you give when you fail.

I'll give you that, I'm not an expert on small children.  But reasons aren't always facts.  I was discussing facts.  A guy like you should have a true love for facts and not obscure or faulty reasons.

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

, I'm not an expert on small children.

Don't sell yourself short.  They're not much different than message board users really...  🤣

Edited by olafberserker
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Don't sell yourself short.  They're not much different than message board users really...  🤣

Now, now, maybe a couple.  But many are good people and smart people.  Occasionally, the smart ones get a little lazy in their reasoning.  Some do just come here to tell everyone the same thing everyday and claim they first told everyone a year or two ago...  It's a phenomenon of some humans, not message boards (the enabler). 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Brad said:

I'll give you that, I'm not an expert on small children.  But reasons aren't always facts.  I was discussing facts.  A guy like you should have a true love for facts and not obscure or faulty reasons.

I just want him to not lead in with that, we can debate the validity of the reasons no problem but if every week you rattle of reasons you do in fact make excuses and you are exactly they kind of person that does it. You know me I’m not the kind of person to complain I just like to list off the things that people do that I think are wrong and that annoy me.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just want him to not lead in with that

He didn't, I did.  And I led with that because I saw in the GoUSFBulls.com pre-game release and figured it would be red meat at some time, so I was proactive.

Your daddy and mine, Jim Leavitt, would not have been expected to defeat any of the three Top 25 teams - that's what made it special.  The talk all over is that we somehow expected to win all these games.  Like I said in the in-game chat, it would take perfection.  And if that's the measure you have set for current head coaches that's a "no win" game.

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Now, now, maybe a couple.  But many are good people and smart people.  Occasionally, the smart ones get a little lazy in their reasoning.  Some do just come here to tell everyone the same thing everyday and claim they first told everyone a year or two ago...  It's a phenomenon of some humans, not message boards (the enabler). 

Yeah, I'm just having a little fun and I was speaking to all message boards not just the 'pen ... but you'd be surprised out how close you are to describing a group of children still ..... 🤣

1 minute ago, Brad said:

He didn't, I did.  And I led with that because I saw in the GoUSFBulls.com pre-game release and figured it would be red meat at some time, so I was proactive.

Your daddy and mine, Jim Leavitt, would not have been expected to defeat any of the three Top 25 teams - that's what made it special.  The talk all over is that we somehow expected to win all these games.  Like I said in the in-game chat, it would take perfection.  And if that's the measure you have set for current head coaches that's a "no win" game.

I listened to him and I heard him say he doesn’t make excuses and then rattle off the reasons we fail. I like to take the smallest sentence and turn it into a manifesto but people that are more judicious with their words have a very simple word for that list of things, they are called excuses. 

26 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Nobody likes losing

There are 8 billion people on Earth, there has to be at least one.