• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The rest of the season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,606
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sure they do, but this wouldn't count as a miracle, Debbie.  An upset?  Certainly.

Have you seen thiS team? Winning 5 straight would be a miracle. You are saying jeff scott who is 1-22 in fbs football and has gotten blown out in two straight fbs games goes 5-2 after dropping  the next 2? Going on 5 game losing streak followed up by 5 game winning streak would be impressive.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I have faith in the players right now, I'm backing these kids who are risking their bodies.

The coaches, not so much. They got richer and haven't had this team ready.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Have you seen thiS team? Winning 5 straight would be a miracle. You are saying jeff scott who is 1-22 in fbs football and has gotten blown out in two straight fbs games goes 5-2 after dropping  the next 2? Going on 5 game losing streak followed up by 5 game winning streak would be impressive.

Just poking the bear here... We saw ccs start 7-0 and finished 0-7. So statistically speaking the inverse is possible, although highly unlikely. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

8 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Just poking the bear here... We saw ccs start 7-0 and finished 0-7. So statistically speaking the inverse is possible, although highly unlikely. 

Here's hoping.  Then our nightmare would be over.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,065
  • Days Won:  469

Haha, this is fun. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, hm101 said:

We will take an L at Cincy... they're just too good and we're too green and banged up.

Tulane is good too this year. That's another L but closer...

Then we turn it around v Houson. We get some guys back, the need for urgency and minimizing mistakes finally sinks in. UH doesn't see us coming. We get the W. 

Temple is a W. Always was.

We get a boost coming back home for SMU. We are hitting a stride. We lock in a W. 

At Tulsa, Friday night. We are feeling confident. GB is hitting Ajou Ajou for TDs. Mangham is back doing his thing. The backfield gets a couple key plays although are still struggling. W. 

Then we get C. A bowl game is in sight. Another slow start to the game. Adversity hits hard. At half our bowl appearance seems tentative. Then we hit them with some freak plays and we look like we did vs. UF. We get it done. W. And bowl game. 

Thus saith the hm101. He spoke it into existence and it was good. 

:)

Wager for charity on the Temple game? I'll take Temple.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I spent last weekend watching the FSU vs. Wake game from the suite of a friend who, like me, has USF and FSU ties.  When the USF halftime score came across, we pretty much decided that the Bulls have given us a pass to not watch for the rest of the year.  FSU lost as well but were at least in the game.  And the catering made it all somehow a bit easier to swallow....

• Topic Count:  1,835
  • Content Count:  5,483
  • Days Won:  13

4 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

To some extent this could be likened to the reverse of that 2018 season, where USF went 7-0 against the easy portion of the schedule and 0-7 once the opponents had more talent.

This season the teams in the latter half are generally performing worse than the teams USF faced/faces through Homecoming.  Houston and UCF are definitely having sub-par seasons in terms of their performance.

In the stock market, you can say "past performance is not an indicator of future results" -- but in sports, that is not true.  As the late, great coach Dennis Green said . . .

Minnesota Vikings Football GIF

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,805
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, hm101 said:

We will take an L at Cincy... they're just too good and we're too green and banged up.

Tulane is good too this year. That's another L but closer...

Then we turn it around v Houson. We get some guys back, the need for urgency and minimizing mistakes finally sinks in. UH doesn't see us coming. We get the W. 

Temple is a W. Always was.

We get a boost coming back home for SMU. We are hitting a stride. We lock in a W. 

At Tulsa, Friday night. We are feeling confident. GB is hitting Ajou Ajou for TDs. Mangham is back doing his thing. The backfield gets a couple key plays although are still struggling. W. 

Then we get C. A bowl game is in sight. Another slow start to the game. Adversity hits hard. At half our bowl appearance seems tentative. Then we hit them with some freak plays and we look like we did vs. UF. We get it done. W. And bowl game. 

Thus saith the hm101. He spoke it into existence and it was good. 

:)

drunk chris bridges GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

18 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Wager for charity on the Temple game? I'll take Temple.

I was going to say I don't think we have ever won there.