• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

and we let a young QB go for Gary?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

McClain also looked pretty bad in our spring game, which I’m sure played a role in us getting GB. 

Agreed. I was quite surprised how bad he looked in the Spring game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

49 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Agreed. I was quite surprised how bad he looked in the Spring game.

I didn’t see the spring game but you will see GB get into his groove tomorrow, just like Stella, it took her a little while to get her groove on, dude will will this crappy team to a victory tomorrow or the season is over.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I didn’t see the spring game but you will see GB get into his groove tomorrow, just like Stella, it took her a little while to get her groove on, dude will will this crappy team to a victory tomorrow or the season is over.

All we can do is hope or drink more.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

All we can do is hope or drink more.

This guy is pretty good IMO, when he makes a throw for a score it is dropped.  Dollison reminds  me of St. Felix, they come out swinging but after their Frosh year they become ass. If they lay an egg manana it is over.  I really enjoyed the UF game, is it too much to ask for a competitive game in the AAC?  This game is actually huge, if we get smoked then most of us are gone until we change regimes. Only so much most of us can take.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

This guy is pretty good IMO, when he makes a throw for a score it is dropped.  Dollison reminds  me of St. Felix, they come out swinging but after their Frosh year they become ass. If they lay an egg manana it is over.  I really enjoyed the UF game, is it too much to ask for a competitive game in the AAC?  This game is actually huge, if we get smoked then most of us are gone until we change regimes. Only so much most of us can take.

Exactly is it too much to ask for a competitive game... how far we lowered our expectations  from Leavitt. Watched a lot of tape on gerry ar Baylor he has a decent arm and has legs. We don't see to run an offense that fits him a run pass option qb. We need more play calling like uf where we uses rpo, read options, and motion  before every play.  Sitting outside now no power still enjoying the lake view enjoying a cocktail hoping for a better day tomorrow power and a usf win. Would this count as Jeff Scott's  first road win if we win ? Let's hope the coaches get it together  and show up with a gameplan like  the UF game.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

In both color uniforms ......... Most true freshmen qb's thrown into the fire look like trash. If he was ready enough to start immediately coming out of high school we probably wouldn't have gotten him. Look, I was perfectly fine with the decision to start Gerry for some of the intangibles. The only apprehension I had was that all GB's good stuff on the field was done pre-injury. I didn't see the video of the bowl game but the stats were less than impressive. The BU Spring game video was not very impressive either, included was a pick 6 and another that could have been ....... Hopefully things start coming together here for him, especially with the wr's giving him a little more help.

I recall Timmy had plenty of ints as well. 

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I recall Timmy had plenty of ints as well. 

He had 8 in 12 games if i remember correctly and five passing tds. Gerry B has 6 interceptions and zero tds. I am not blaming it all on him but his play has not been an upgrade  from Timmy last year.  I thought he would do much better here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He had 8 in 12 games if i remember correctly and five passing tds. Gerry B has 6 interceptions and zero tds. I am not blaming it all on him but his play has not been an upgrade  from Timmy last year.  I thought he would do much better here.

That's because Timmy underthrew receivers by 5 yards on 10 yard passes .... there was no one close enough to intercept the ball

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You've been wrong about him so far. Kind of hedging here with the "or the season is over"

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You've been wrong about him so far. Kind of hedging here with the "or the season is over"

I thought the team around him was going to be better, was hoping we had a competent coach, was thinking the WR’s were not awful.  I guess I was maybe just overly optimistic for no apparent reason like every other year, we suck.