• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

and we let a young QB go for Gary?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

We have enough talent to be better than we are.   GB is not good in the passing game.  Who's fault is that?  I'll let others debate

Marsh came in and looked worse.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

17 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Marsh came in and looked worse.

I didn't see the game because I was on a baseball field in Ft. Myers.   1.  I don't think we have a better option than GB and he generally has made things happen with his feet.  2.  Marsh's stats were as good or better than GB's

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, olafberserker said:

I didn't see the game because I was on a baseball field in Ft. Myers.   1.  I don't think we have a better option than GB and he generally has made things happen with his feet.  2.  Marsh's stats were as good or better than GB's

It was garbage time. In his first series,  he threw the ball at his running backs feet intentionally on 3rd and long WITHOUT any pressure.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

52 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Problem is the passing game hasn't really looked good in any game.  There were few passes to get excited about in the Howard game, but that's about it

While that is true, I think that assessment would be quite different if receivers were holding onto catchable passes.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, HyperBullee said:

While that is true, I think that assessment would be quite different if receivers were holding onto catchable passes.

It would also be quite different if we could hit wide open receivers on a somewhat consistent basis. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

8 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

You mean the starter last year?  We didn't let him go.  He quit instead of hanging in there.

OR the staff botched the situation and it was painfully to obvious to McClain that the staff is incompetent. Can you imagine the things Scott told Timmy to get him to USF? Probably told him he's his guy and if he comes to USF he's going to play etc etc. I am not saying this has to be the case or if it is you have to stick by it, I want to win and if McClain isn't it, he isn't it. If he started McClain to start the season and McClain improved from last season as a true freshman and does pretty well we're likely in the same situation or a slightly better situation with both options, McClain and Bohanon as an option if things go south. If McClain struggles he was given his chance and we turn it over to Bohanon. If your agrument to that is well then you risk Bohanon transferring who cares. If Bohanon were to come in, be the backup and decide to transfer again that's likely a rough look on him. Got beat out at Baylor, transferred. Got beat out at USF, transferred. Who is going to be lining up for that guy at that point? Instead, We're stuck with a guy who cannot throw to save his life and our backup is a kid who enterred the portal last offseason who was a complete afterthought while Scott talked during the offseason how he feels we have 2 really good QB options (McClain & Bohanon) knowing Marsh isn't a legit option. With each passing week it appears to point to incompetent coaching than anything else. 

8 hours ago, SRB2FL said:

We would still be 1-3 with Timmy. Dude wasn’t good. Put in Gunnar or Byrum for some snaps.

He was a true freshman on a terrible team with terrible coaching. We have no idea how good Timmy could have been taking steps forward each year. If Timmy wasn't good as a 18 or 19 year old true freshman, what the heck is a 5th year 23 year old Junior Bohanon? 

8 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

GBJ has had bad drops by our receivers all season thus far. 

He also can't lead a WR. We have WRs doing full 360's to try to catch a 6 yard slant because the ball is thrown behind them. He has absolutely been failed here and there by WRs, but he's also failed massively himself. 

8 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

Yes, undoubtedly he is to blame for some INTs, but I see a lot of WRs with zero fight in them.

Isn't Scott a former WR and heavily invested in them? Makes sense.

6 hours ago, sparkybull said:

I mean, we didnt fire Timmy, we just made a bad move in the transfer portal, thought we were getting the better guy, and Timmy made the decision to transfer because he wanted to be the starter 

I think this is more evidence for the lack of good decisions CJS is making for the program, one player at a time

for example, GB plays on the same team as Matthew ******* Hill, my vote for the absolute worst defensive player in the jeff scott era - another transfer who shouldnt be playing right now 

I honestly didnt see this coming - I thought GB would be better based on his baylor career and the preseason hype. But CJS made this decision and here we are.

1-21 against FBS teams.

1000%