• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Coach Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Mission9 said:

If he was truly an objective reporter, there would be no need to post things like that to a national following.  Most do not even know about USF or even care. 

His obsession (as well as DUImig's) were why I went from thinking something bad happened to questioning what really happened. 

The point is if we were not so bad he would have nothing to talk about it. The fact that we are that bad has nothing to do with him even though he derives pleasure. They are not mutually exclusive. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, Bullrush33 said:

The point is if we were not so bad he would have nothing to talk about it. The fact that we are that bad has nothing to do with him even though he derives pleasure. They are not mutually exclusive. 

He would find something else for sure

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

The point is do you think there's anyone on this board that doesn't know we are so bad right now ....... so why the need to post it?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

26 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The point is do you think there's anyone on this board that doesn't know we are so bad right now ....... so why the need to post it?

Yeah I think it's worth noting that EVERYONE knows we are bad.  :D 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

46 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Yeah I think it's worth noting that EVERYONE knows we are bad.  :D 

The place where people differ is where we go from here.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

8 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

The place where people differ is where we go from here.

Exactly, but I would argue we don't have all the data yet on the season.  I think what is said immediately after the season will tell the story.  Right now we are only going to get political answers, because that is the most prudent thing.  

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I feel like regardless of our record in these last 4 games...idk...im the last person to jump on the fire a coach bandwagon but i did say at the beginning of the year that CJS had 7 nails left in his coffin, one for each loss. Again, idk, but say we win one game the rest of the way, does a 2-10 season save him? I guess my internal war of emotions is irrelevant. I mean ok, so if we blow out the next 4 team by 21 points and end up 5-7, i might be ok with another year but ****, this is super old. I can do as well as he has. at worst if i coached the team id only have 3 less wins and one less FBS win than he has at this point. And i'd do it for way cheaper. How can we be so bad for so long, even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while. The chances of not making a bowl game three years in a row? 23.97% 4 years in a row? 14.89% This means, with all things being equal, each team has an 85% chance of going to a bowl game once every 4 years. So just venting. Everyone else does so i figured i would as well. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I feel like regardless of our record in these last 4 games...idk...im the last person to jump on the fire a coach bandwagon but i did say at the beginning of the year that CJS had 7 nails left in his coffin, one for each loss. Again, idk, but say we win one game the rest of the way, does a 2-10 season save him? I guess my internal war of emotions is irrelevant. I mean ok, so if we blow out the next 4 team by 21 points and end up 5-7, i might be ok with another year but ****, this is super old. I can do as well as he has. at worst if i coached the team id only have 3 less wins and one less FBS win than he has at this point. And i'd do it for way cheaper. How can we be so bad for so long, even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while. The chances of not making a bowl game three years in a row? 23.97% 4 years in a row? 14.89% This means, with all things being equal, each team has an 85% chance of going to a bowl game once every 4 years. So just venting. Everyone else does so i figured i would as well. 

image.png.86e70f42d3a2d1a1c737a119d9f08ee2.png

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

There is one third-year coach in FBS that has won four or fewer games with their current school: Jeff Scott. There are two second-year coaches who have won four games: Butch Jones and Jedd Fisch; no second year coach has won fewer than four games. Every other second-year coach, with less time, have won more games than Scott. The average win total of current first-year coaches is 4. The average win total of current third-year coaches is 16.

It is beyond unacceptable that there is probably a better than not chance that he will be retained even if he doesn't win another game this season.

• Upvote 1