• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playcalling against UF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,521
  • Days Won:  3

I feel like the game plan for both sides of the ball wet much better than we had seen.

I wonder if we were trying to hold stuff close to the vest until we got three to four weeks in? Especially on the offense.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

12 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I feel like the game plan for both sides of the ball wet much better than we had seen.

I wonder if we were trying to hold stuff close to the vest until we got three to four weeks in? Especially on the offense.

My thoughts too watching that game evolve. If you think about it, although they'd never admit it, the BYU game was over 11 minutes in so why open everything up ...... and we still did a decent job after that. We shouldn't of had to show that much against the Bison and still won handily, regardless of what some mopes want to believe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I have been calling for this RPO and spread option since Gerry B was named the starter.  We have undersized fast players and an option QB. We need to use motion behind the line every chance we get to create mismatches and misdirection . Why it took 3 weeks to figure it is our best shot is questionable. They coaching staff finally STEPPED UP and SHOWED something. Jeff Scott found a fire in his belly I did not know existed. He looked angry( rightfully so) and passionate. 

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

42 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

yeah it was better but we didnt take advantage of the many opportunities

17 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Really well called by Coach Trickett. How about that misdirection pitch to Battie on 4th down in the first half that broke him loose? Brilliant call. And the 2-point conversion? We haven’t seen creativity like that in a long time - if ever.

best executed play i have seen in years

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

18 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

How about that misdirection pitch to Battie on 4th down in the first half that broke him loose? Brilliant call.

Twas a thing of beauty!  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Really well called by Coach Trickett. How about that misdirection pitch to Battie on 4th down in the first half that broke him loose? Brilliant call. And the 2-point conversion? We haven’t seen creativity like that in a long time - if ever.

SPREAD Option and RPO should be the new BULLS identity.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,489
  • Days Won:  0

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

SPREAD Option and RPO should be the new BULLS identity.

Maybe it is.....Like someone said, BYU game was over in first 11 minutes, why expose the rest of the playbook and it wasn't needed against Howard.  I'm hoping we see this the rest of the season....

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

Hopefully both the O & D Coordinators can build off the momentum and put together the wins that this program now needs. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Probably the best executed play in Scott era. Perfect call and players executed it perfectly.

We basically slept walk and beat Howard handily after that horrible start vs BYU. We are a better team than the game indicated.

Now we need to see this improvement to continue...at some point we will click and win I believe games.