• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't you dare blame Jeff Scott for this one.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 9/18/2022 at 12:11 AM, Brad said:

Good news is GB is throwing high, maybe rattled, maybe not.  Depending, it can be overcome.

Good news, item 8 somewhat ambiguous

Good news is center is not traditionally a center but we can work on it.  **** happens.

More good news - how you respond to things when **** happens, can make you better.

Good/Bad news, items 1-5 (😂) it happens, and it can happen in AAC games.  You have to persevere.

Absolutely and it would have been easy for our guys to throw in the towel at halftime given the atrocious home bias and the way the half ended. But they didn't. They came out in the second half and fought like hell to get back into it and put ourselves in a position to win.

That's what has me optimistic for the rest of the season. Jeff Scott losing his mind on the officials is not something I thought he had in him to this point. If they can continue to show this kind of fire and passion going forward, there are plenty of beatable teams still left on the schedule

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Absolutely and it would have been easy for our guys to throw in the towel at halftime given the atrocious home bias and the way the half ended. But they didn't. They came out in the second half and fought like hell to get back into it and put ourselves in a position to win.

That's what has me optimistic for the rest of the season. Jeff Scott losing his mind on the officials is not something I thought he had in him to this point. If they can continue to show this kind of fire and passion going forward, there are plenty of beatable teams still left on the schedule

This is the thing. If last week is truly an indicator of how good we are EVERY game left on our schedule is winnable

I don't think Louisville, Cincy, Houston, UCF, SMU, etc are any tougher than the Gators in the swamp at night

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

On 9/17/2022 at 11:41 PM, beefy620 said:

2nd to last drive while we were up by 3 should've been run run run.... run...were there other chances sure...but don't blame him...naw you wrong...super fun game and he did (mostly) well

I'm not sure I would necessarily agree with you there. I believe there were still 7+ minutes left in the game after the Brown INT.

I absolutely loved the 1st down call. UF expected run and bit on it. Dollison was WIDE open and if the pass was there it's a TD that may have sealed the game.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I'm not sure I would necessarily agree with you there. I believe there were still 7+ minutes left in the game after the Brown INT.

I absolutely loved the 1st down call. UF expected run and bit on it. Dollison was WIDE open and if the pass was there it's a TD that may have sealed the game.

I agree John.  That is the way the football bounces.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Absolutely. If GB throws that ball a yard shorter, Dollison is catching that in stride for a huge gain or TD

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Non team will have a perfect game . . . this was one of the best games we played in the past 3 seasons.

We build on this and #BeatTheBirds

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

40 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Non team will have a perfect game . . . this was one of the best games we played in the past 3 seasons.

We build on this and #BeatTheBirds

FACT ↑   Also, we don't have an elite receiver. Average at best. No QB anywhere is going to throw a perfect ball every time. From TB#12 on down they need their receivers to make the catch

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Great play call for sure.  I wish the receiver tried a bit harder to catch that one.  I still think UF really hadn't shown any ability to stop us from running so to me running the ball until they did makes a lot of sense there.  

I'm just glad there was finally a game where we can have debates like this...instead of debates over how early we're leaving/turning off the game.  Hopefully this is a point for them to learn/grow from and snag some wins very soon!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, beefy620 said:

Great play call for sure.  I wish the receiver tried a bit harder to catch that one.  I still think UF really hadn't shown any ability to stop us from running so to me running the ball until they did makes a lot of sense there.  

I'm just glad there was finally a game where we can have debates like this...instead of debates over how early we're leaving/turning off the game.  Hopefully this is a point for them to learn/grow from and snag some wins very soon!

We have a 5th year Junior, Davey O'Brien watch list QB. That not being a completed pass is on Bohanon. I wish Bohanon made a decent throw. He hasn't shown the ability to hit a WR in stride. Even if it's only a half decent throw it's likely at worst a 40 yard gain and potentially ends that game. 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/17/2022 at 11:41 PM, beefy620 said:

2nd to last drive while we were up by 3 should've been run run run.... run...were there other chances sure...but don't blame him...naw you wrong...super fun game and he did (mostly) well

I disagree They ran play action and number four was wide open and the ball was right there he made zero effort to catch it. it was a perfect call it would’ve taken them out of trouble and then who knows what happens from there with the way they were running the ball . After that A  run and Bohannon was supposed to tuck that ball and run it if nothing was open to keep the clock running not on the coaches

Also on the last drive once there was a bad snap and it was third in 20 It made sense for them to run as they were hoping to maybe gash  them for 7 or 8 yards and make it a 43 or 44  yard field goal. Throwing the ball and having an incompletion would’ve made it a 53 yard field goal. 
The mistakes at the end of the game was on the players

that being said the end of that game is a really good learning and growing process for the players so when they get into situations like that again they should know what to expect and I have no doubt they will rise to the occasion.