• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don't you dare blame Jeff Scott for this one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,614
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Jeff Scott deserves his share of criticism.  But don't you dare pin this one on him.  This one is squarely on the players.  You can say what you want about them being only college players, but the fact is, the players choked the game away.  Specifically, the center and holder choked the game away on the last drive.  Jeff Scott can't hold footballs.  Jeff Scott can't snap footballs.  Jeff Scott can't even coach these things, he's relying on his coaches to teach that.  He may have many faults, but let's put the blame squarely where it deserves to be.  The center and holder bumbled away a short FG in the very least, and possibly a shot at a TD on the last drive as well.  Period. end of story.  I am sorry if that hurts some players feelings, but that's what happened.  Jeff Scott can't snap footballs, nor teach the snapping of footballs.  If he has time to teach snapping, then he isn't getting anything done.    

Jeff scott and his staff had their team prepared and used schemes, playcalling, and systems that cater to their talent and players. The refs effed us and the coaches and players gave their best shot. I have been preaching for weeks this team needs to use the RPO, spread option, and motion to cause misdirection and mismatches for weeks. They finally do it and we look like a competent offense. Our passing game is still struggling but we can be a run heavy team. Battie is our RB1 and future. The defense made some key plays and some blunders. They were not prepared at the snap a few times by the DC in the booth. WE lost in the most USF and Jeff Scott way possible with a bad snap to cause a loss instead of OT. Jeff Scott actually showed fire in his belly and was giving the refs and anyone that would listen an earful. I did not know he could have produce that much emotion and intensity. He reminded me of a Leavitt Light out there. Yes any local craft brewers make that in a lager or pilsner please (Cough cough Ybor City Cigars or any USF alumni owned brewery).This is the first time i can say I am proud Jeff Scott is my coach and the coaches did their part, the players didnt execute 100%, and the refs effed us in the first half.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, beefy620 said:

2nd to last drive while we were up by 3 should've been run run run.... run...were there other chances sure...but don't blame him...naw you wrong...super fun game and he did (mostly) well

That pass to Dollison was so wide open. A perfect play call when you are trying to win a game and not just hold on. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,114
  • Days Won:  39

Jeff Scott doesn't snap the ball.  It was a hell of a game.  I believe we were going to win 100% until the botched snap.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

a couple of things   I think a couple of times we got away from the run when we should have stuck with it   and end of the day choking like we did is a reflextion of the coach.    All and all we will not face a team as good as UF the rest of the year so it should end up a geed season

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,114
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Bulls On Parade said:

No coaches did great...seems like ages since I could say that. 

Hell yes I also loved the 4th down where they did a weak side toss.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That pass to Dollison was so wide open. A perfect play call when you are trying to win a game and not just hold on. 

Definitely a fair assessment and that was a very good play call just poor attempt by the receiver

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

Just leaving the game. Loved what I saw from both sides of the ball. It's tough to beat a ranked team and the refs. Proud of the team.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, beefy620 said:

Definitely a fair assessment and that was a very good play call just poor attempt by the receiver

Unfortunately, there was a lot of poor execution on the field tonight. When this team finally puts it all together (and it's going to happen sooner than later) it's going to be a thing of beauty.