• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After 3 Seasons

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

This is where we are at after 3 seasons of CJS 

The final score of the game tonight doesnt really tell the story, but a few things:

• Just about the same amount of total yards for the two teams
  • Howard a handful more first downs (24 compared to 20) 
  • USF 17-28 in the air, although it felt significantly worse than that number 
  • Howard dominated possession 

Basically, for most of the game we made FCS Howard look like a power 5 program. they moved the ball very well. we ran the same ****** read option pass plays.

I am ready to move on from this era of poor performance - unfortunately I cannot find any more excuses to defend the staff. I think CJS is a wonderful man. But 3 seasons into the job, you cannot look like this.

Assuming not much more will change, I objectively believe this is the last game USF will win this season, and the last CJS will win as a head coach until he is booted. Bold, yes, but it's time to be proven wrong

ALSO:

What an outstanding turnout by students and everyone tonight, considering how horrible the team is. I was impressed that many people decided to show up.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Yep you have to give it up for all the fans, donors, and students.  A ton of support and excitement, but unfortunately they can't seem to get it working after three offseasons.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I am wondering how in the heck will we find 5 more wins this season. Maybe we beat Temple. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

And Scott in his post game press conference said the team is still learning how to win. It’s Year 3 and his team is still learning how to win. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

There are certainly not 5 more wins on this schedule.  Not with this staff.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

And Scott in his post game press conference said the team is still learning how to win. It’s Year 3 and his team is still learning how to win. 

I mean in all fairness he certainly can’t say they have learned how to win, unfortunately their teacher is less aware of how to win than any of them. He should try using I statements more often and then maybe the team would be more inclined to try to pull him along. Unfortunately he blames them for the fact he has failed them and that’s not going to inspire anyone. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, sparkybull said:
  • Howard a handful more first downs (24 compared to 20) 

Howard had so many 3rd down conversions they looked way more efficient on 3rd down which is embarrassing. they moved the ball all night on us.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

And Scott in his post-game press conference said the team is still learning how to win. It’s Year 3 and his team is still learning how to win. 

Yes, we have already learned - and mastered - losing, so now we can focus on learning how to win. Sometimes, it just takes longer to do the crawl-walk-run progression. Do we just accept that our strategy going forward is hope? Before we start the 'fire Scott' dirge, think in terms of who would want to come here. The way football is shaking out, the Have-to-Have-Not DMZ is getting wider with every tick of the clock. USF isn't a destination. Unfortunately, we need someone who isn't putting together an audition tape. Those two things are at odds with each other. Don't know what the solution is, I just know that there ain't no such a thing as miracles. And I was kidding about hope being a strategy. So, next week at the University of Florida...think that'll be pretty fair gauge of where things are headed? What'll carry through for conference play? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, sparkybull said:

This is where we are at after 3 seasons of CJS 

Well really, 2 seasons and 2 games.  Let's see how this year plays out in conference and that starts with ECU.

GO BULLS!